Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-06-2019, 12:33 PM   #21
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Lots of owners start reaching out for discount programs the minute the purchase a "camper". PA has priced themselves very affordable in light of the dream and hype of traveling the country at 50% off. I did this exact thing as well as instantly joining Good Sam. At least GS has paid for itself quickly, as the discounts are full time and you also save on merchandise in the CW stores (as long as you run from the salespeople). I've used PA twice in 2 years but keep it renewed...as it's a small price to pay for the dream...that will come true once we start traveling more and staying at CG's during the week. If PA cost more, there would be less members. If the PA campgrounds were more active for 7 day traveling, membership would cost more. It's a cheap program we back with a gamble it will pay off.
Actually its a little reversed from that, at least for us: For every RV we've purchased the dealer has graciously included pamphlets and paperwork for just about every campground discount, time-sharing, membership, etc. program there is. The piles of paper here are almost as big (and as worthless) as the paper in the Thor bag...

JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 12:52 PM   #22

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Actually its a little reversed from that, at least for us: For every RV we've purchased the dealer has graciously included pamphlets and paperwork for just about every campground discount, time-sharing, membership, etc. program there is. The piles of paper here are almost as big (and as worthless) as the paper in the Thor bag...

By "reaching out" I meant and should have phrased..."purchasing". If they would print all that crap they give you at delivery on RV Toilet Paper it would be much better.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 12:55 PM   #23

Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #13712
I must be living right, I never have the CW sales people chasing me, I have to chase them for prices and stock. But I tend to stay out of the unit sales area and stick to the store. After 20+ years of membership in GS Club, I find the CW discounts very attractive, but do your research as eTrailer.com has good deals as well. And like you, we are hoping that PA provides some great site discounts as we start more travel and longer trips (cross country planned) with our new Palazzo, to visit Grandkids on each coast. Perhaps we will meetup on the road.

Enjoy the journey, one day at a time!
Chuck and Mary Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 01:08 PM   #24

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck and Mary Ann View Post
I must be living right, I never have the CW sales people chasing me, I have to chase them for prices and stock. But I tend to stay out of the unit sales area and stick to the store. After 20+ years of membership in GS Club, I find the CW discounts very attractive, but do your research as eTrailer.com has good deals as well. And like you, we are hoping that PA provides some great site discounts as we start more travel and longer trips (cross country planned) with our new Palazzo, to visit Grandkids on each coast. Perhaps we will meetup on the road.

Thus...the ID Stickers!! Now...maybe we can unify further with a small purple strobe light in the grill...we can see each other coming...day or night!!!
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel, travel discounts