Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-22-2017, 02:34 AM   #1

State: California
THOR #8323
TV Issues

Okay Forum, my wife and I are very technology challenged. Have a new Miramar motorhome and we paid to have a Direct TV satellite dish installed, and bought receivers for the TV's. Took it out for our first trip but couldn't use it because the dish couldn't lock onto anything and just kept turning so we shut it down due to the mountain trees interference. I guess we also have a "king jack" antenna on the roof, but we don't know how to use it. The park had cable but we didn't know how to hook it hook it up.Sooooo, we have a cable hook up in one of the outside storage compartments, we have all these receivers, boxes, and stuff around the motorhome, and we have that king jack thing on the ceiling in the coach. So how do we get one of these things to work, and how do we work and switch back and forth between all these electronic items?

Old 07-22-2017, 03:18 AM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
First locate the antenna amplifier. It should be a flat plate with a small button and a light. It may be located next to the HDMI splitter or DVD player if your coach is equipped with those components. On the antenna amplifier if the light is on the antenna is in use and if the light is off then cable is passing to the TVs. Press the little button to toggle between the two.

On the TVs you need to go to the menu and select cable or antenna and then have the TV do a channel search.

With the DVD player and HDMI splitter to watch a DVD turn on the DVD player and HDMI splitter. On the HDMI splitter select the input for the DVD player and then on the TV select the source HDMI * where * = the HDMI port that the splitter is plugged into.

That is a normal setup so it may be different on your coach due to the installation of the dish and additional receivers.

I will tell you that when I bought my coach they had the DVD connected into the output on the splitter and the 2 TVs connected into inputs. I had to straighten out that mess.

Hope this helps.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 05:51 AM   #3

THOR #6557
We have the same setup, 2017, new receivers from Direct, all dealer installed. Years of experience with Direct. I doubt that the problem is your location, could be but I doubt it.
Let's start with just one tv.
Turn on with the black remote.
Menu, select input, guess HDMI 1 but it could be 2 or 3.
Look for NO Signal
Turn on Direct Receiver with Gray Remote.
Turn on Direct Antenna. This may take 5- 10 minutes for it to find signal.
Open small door on right lower corner of Direct Receiver, in there you will see a small Red button, press, this will reset Receiver.
I'm sorry there is a very steep learning curve, but once you understand it is very simple and reliable.
Let me know how it goes.
For reasons that I will not discuss, my wife watches in motion Direct for thousands of miles, rain, mountains, trees without issue.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:54 AM   #4

THOR #6557
I have done this hundreds of time, I guess that I have missed one simple step, please let me know how far you get.