Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2018, 06:52 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #13703
Use 110 outlets while driving

I have a Thor Miramar 35.3 and want to use my 110 outlets while driving down the road can someone tell me how to do that

Old 11-11-2018, 07:05 PM   #2

Model: Citation
State: Nevada
THOR #7332
You have to run your generator to bring 110 inside of your coach while driving.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:20 PM   #3

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
or turn your INVERTER on, if you have one. Your Inverter simply changes the battery output of 12v to 120v and to your outlet(s), but which outlets you have powered by the inverter could be limited, such as only to the Refrigerator, or maybe an additional outlet in the bedroom, etc. It depends on how the factory wired yours.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 01:08 PM   #4

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
If your Miramar is like mine, the plug ins by the passenger seat are powered by the inverter as well as the ones in the cupboard containing your TV "stuff"...DVD player, etc. The TV plug ins in the rear of the coach are also designed to work on the inverter.

Obviously, you have to have the inverter on. I use the AGS to fire up the generator as needed to keep the battery bank (4-6 volt) charged when dry camping for an extended period of time.

If you're just needing the plug ins when traveling, the alternator will keep the batteries fully charged for the occasional pit stop or even an overnight, especially with 4 batteries.

If you want to use all the plug ins such as in the kitchen, you will have to run the generator since they are not hooked to the inverter.
Old 11-14-2018, 02:31 PM   #5

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Depends on what you want to run on 120V while driving. If computers and light stuff...you can purchase an inverter that will plug into 12V power outlet...they usually put out up to 400W. You can always run another 120V dedicated line to your house inverter. Most of them still have an external outlet unused. Lots of options depending on what you want to use it for. What is your need?
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote