Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2019, 09:07 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.2
State: New Jersey
THOR #3828
water leak

I just opened up our 2016 ACE 27.2 and all looked good. I filled up the water tank to test the lines and all was well. I then hooked up the hose to the city water hookup and noticed water coming out of the bottom of the slide out toward the front. I disconnected the city water and the leak stopped. I checked all the lines under the sink and under the seats and saw no water there. Has anyone had a similar issue like this or any hints on where to research.
There is no water inside, no water around the heater and I checked the city water connection to see if that came loose but nothing. I also had the RV in the driveway which is slanted toward the front.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Old 04-27-2019, 09:16 PM   #2

Model: ACE - 29
State: Arkansas
THOR #6797
Try checking the water value by the pump. Sometimes the additional pressure can cause a leak. If so simple tighten it.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:13 AM   #3

THOR #3828
water leak

Thanks for that but the water pimp is near the back and I only have the issue when hooked to the city water supply.

Something else I forgot to add was that we were going on a trip last Thanksgiving and I started it up and when I went outside I smelled gasoline. Found out some critters chewed one of the fuel lines as well as the LP gas line near the LP tank. So they could have chewed something else that had to do with water. But there were no signs of any animals inside the RV.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:20 AM   #4

Model: ACE - 29
State: Arkansas
THOR #6797
Hopefully you’ll have some great suggestions from others. Sounds like you definitely have some issues.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:59 AM   #5

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
The city water connection o mine was defective, allowing water to leak just behind the wall, dripping down into the poop bay at the rear bath. Thor replaced it and said they had a huge batch of bad parts.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 01:17 PM   #6

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
The city water connection o mine was defective, allowing water to leak just behind the wall, dripping down into the poop bay at the rear bath. Thor replaced it and said they had a huge batch of bad parts.

Our city water connection was also replaced. In addition, on the fresh water fill Thor had used to large of a clamp on the hose and it would not tighten correctly so when we put water in the tank it would also leak out and run down into the bay under the shower.
Old 04-28-2019, 03:38 PM   #7

THOR #3828
Leak

Thank you all for this information. I have an appointment for another issue replacing the LP gas line in June so I will dump it on them when I bring it in.
Also would it be OK to show this thread if they say it is something done by me or mother nature. However Progressive paid to fix the gasoline line (575.00) and Ford paid for the towing. I called Good Sam and they said if it was chewed they will not cover it. I asked them how they identify chewing vs defects. He said it is usually critters.

Kudos to Progressive

I fix a lot of things on my own but LP or natural gas and electric are off limits to me.