Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2021, 02:03 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Spring Sunshine Thor Forum Rally 2022!

The date is set for the spring Sunshine rally. It will be at a central Florida RV resort on April 10th for 4 nights. Reservation information will be coming soon. There will be no provided meals or entertainment, but no fee beyond your campsite registration. You can count on making great friends and having great conversations!

I'm working on some special stuff for this one. Stay tuned!

Old 11-02-2021, 06:32 AM   #2

Model: Vegas
THOR #12129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
The date is set for the spring Sunshine rally. It will be at a central Florida RV resort on April 10th for 4 nights. Reservation information will be coming soon. There will be no provided meals or entertainment, but no fee beyond your campsite registration. You can count on making great friends and having great conversations!

I'm working on some special stuff for this one. Stay tuned!

Hopefully we can make it!
Old 11-02-2021, 06:34 AM   #3

THOR #12129
Quote:
Originally Posted by jan33406 View Post
Hopefully we can make it!

April 10 is a Sunday. Is that the correct day it starts?
Old 11-03-2021, 01:27 AM   #4

THOR #1589
Yes, contrary to tradition, we are starting on a Sunday this time for several reasons. Still 4 nights, come early and/or stay after.

Here's a hint: we will be in the vicinity of "Florida's friendliest city" at a full service RV resort.

The details are falling into place. Hope you can join us!
Old 11-15-2021, 01:46 AM   #5

THOR #1589
2022 Spring Sunshine Thor Rally

Mark your calendar and make your reservation. April 10th, four nights starting on a Sunday.

Blueberry Hill RV Resort is in Bushnell, Florida, just off I-75. There is no rally fee aside from your site cost, and there is no entertainment or provided meals. But the there will be great conversations and new friends! Come for all four nights, or more or less.

It's about 10 minutes to the National Cemetery and a half hour to one of The Villages town center, where there is live music outdoors every evening.

The number is 352-793-4112. Choose the office prompt (not reservations) and ask for the Sunshine Thor rally. You'll need to pay at least a one night deposit of $46. Claim your site by March 10th. Our group sites are limited, but we may be able to add more if needed.

Please post or PM when you make your reservation. More details later!
Old 11-27-2021, 03:08 AM   #6

THOR #1589
Some smart folks have reserved their site for the rally in April. The longer you wait, the further yor site will be from the group and the pool and clubhouse.

Watch for an announcement soon about a special side trip that will make the event the best yet. Stay tuned for details...
Old 12-12-2021, 07:31 PM   #7

THOR #1589
Update on the 2022 Spring Sunshine Thor Rally.

I've arranged for a special Sunday weighing of RVs for our group! The cost is $45 for the RV and $10 for the toad or tow vehicle. They weigh all four corners separately, so you know your total weight and also how well balanced your are. It is recommended that you weigh loaded for travel, so this is a perfect opportunity. He will check your height, too. (Make a label on the dash as a reminder!)

Everyone should weigh their rig, even if you've weighed front and rear on a Cat scale. This is even better and very reasonable. The location is in the Sumter Oaks RV Park, which is 9 miles, 13 minutes south of Blueberry RV.

When I first weighed a previous Class A, I found that I needed to adjust the stored items to equalize the weight. It was a real eye opener! We will be weighing on our way to the rally.

Mike is the weighmaster. He may have available times on other days if you prefer. Schedule with him direct at: smartweigh3@escapees.com
Old 12-23-2021, 02:42 AM   #8

THOR #1589
Weighing update! Rates for weighing are going up on Jan 1st, but those of us who pay before the ball drops in Times Square we will pay the rate above. The new rate will be $60 for a motorhome and another $10 for extra vehicle.

Make your reservation and pay now and save!
Old 12-31-2021, 02:13 AM   #9

THOR #1589
Just a reminder about the discount weigh cost if you book and pay in December for weighing ahead of the rally. Still a bargain if you pay the 2022 rate. Plan now to join us in April!
Old 01-02-2022, 01:41 PM   #10

Model: Wind sport 29M
THOR #24352
We will be at the spring sunshine rally April 10 and 11 then off to Texas

John and Laurie
Old 01-20-2022, 02:47 AM   #11

THOR #1589
Looking forward to making new friends and seeing some from earlier gatherings, too.

News flash! For flea market fans, there is a big market on Mondays at Webster. It's about 15 minutes away from our rally.

There's also a good diner, Chinese, burger joints and Wally Mt within a few blocks. And then theres one of The Villages town centers less than a half hour away. They have free live music outside every evening. A rockin great band every night! Shops and restaurants open every evening, too.
Old 01-20-2022, 01:32 PM   #12

THOR #21560
Rally?????

Did I miss something somehow? Or is it a secret only a few can know? WHERE IS IT BEING HELD? What other details?
Old 01-20-2022, 05:49 PM   #13

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabee View Post
Did I miss something somehow? Or is it a secret only a few can know? WHERE IS IT BEING HELD? What other details?

I learned...before I comment...to read the entire thread first...especially the original post. These posts have lots of echos in them.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 06:05 PM   #14

THOR #21560
Put me in my place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
I learned...before I comment...to read the entire thread first...especially the original post. These posts have lots of echos in them.
Quote:
I believe YOU should read from the beginning before you chastise me. Start with post #1 above . Other than a statement that it will be held in a central Florida location, there is no mention of a specific campground.
AND- - don't you think it would have been easier, friendlier, maybe a little more neighborly to just mention where it will be held (if you know)?
Old 01-20-2022, 11:07 PM   #15

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
I stand corrected...see...I did it again. I re-read Post #1 and it said "a RV Resort". I remember the original post on this subject and the name was in it. I owe you a beer or 3 or 10. We'll drink through it.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 02:38 AM   #16

THOR #21560
I "think" I understand what you said, but I remain unable to understand the reason for the reluctance of the others to be forthcoming about the actual location- - especially now when reservations are so hard to come by unless inquiries are made MONTHS in advance. I expressed an interest last year and requested to be kept in the loop for this year. The above exchanges are the total extent of the info I was able to see. I waited for more info on the "central Florida resort" since I live there thinking it would be a very convenient gathering point.
I wonder if I'm not the only one in the dark.

I'm partial to any of the Sam Adams varieties.
Old 01-21-2022, 09:57 AM   #17

Model: Quantum JM31
State: Tennessee
THOR #21926
Quote:
I "think" I understand what you said, but I remain unable to understand the reason for the reluctance of the others to be forthcoming about the actual location- - especially now when reservations are so hard to come by unless inquiries are made MONTHS in advance. I expressed an interest last year and requested to be kept in the loop for this year. The above exchanges are the total extent of the info I was able to see. I waited for more info on the "central Florida resort" since I live there thinking it would be a very convenient gathering point.
I wonder if I'm not the only one in the dark.

I'm partial to any of the Sam Adams varieties.
https://www.suncommunities.com/commu..._campaign=yext

Blueberry Hill RV Resort in Bushnell, FL

Here is a link to the original post:

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4...lly-29013.html
Bob Nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 02:48 PM   #18
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Thanks Bob for finding that thread. I've merged the two threads so all the information is together.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 05:14 PM   #19

THOR #21560
Soooooooo; Thanks, Bob for that information. With the scarcity of available sites at almost all campgrounds, I figured I'd better get in gear and reserve what I could ASAP.
We will arrive early on the 8th, Friday, and depart Tuesday the 12th. And we are really looking forward to it.
Note that this is one of the SUN properties - normally their policy for Military/Veterans is if you stay for 2 nights you get the 3rd one free. However, their Rally rate, which we qualify for, comes out better and, naturally, it's either one or the other- not both.
We stayed at one of their other properties last year- Rock Crusher RV Resort- in Crystal River, Florida and it was impressive. I appreciate any business that shows that it respects our Military in any way.
We'll see you all there- and I'll bring some extra Sam Adams. Ed and Heather.
Old 01-21-2022, 10:39 PM   #20

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Arizona
THOR #5820
Quote:
I believe YOU should read from the beginning before you chastise me. Start with post #1 above . Other than a statement that it will be held in a central Florida location, there is no mention of a specific campground.

AND- - don't you think it would have been easier, friendlier, maybe a little more neighborly to just mention where it will be held (if you know)?

Hmmmm, I see the location on post #5….