Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2019, 08:07 PM   #141

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: New York
THOR #5840
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
Well all I know is I'm not parking in a Walmart lot ever. From what I have seen in the parking lots and inside Walmart it's enough to just shop there on a bright sunny day. Damned if I ever spend the night in their lot. RV'ing is not a cheap endeavor. If you're that cheap you might consider staying home and camping in your driveway. :-)
I guess you didn't read my post. It's not about the cost. It's the convenience to not have to set up and take down each night and morning along the way to my actual RV camp, especially in freezing weather conditions. In the past I have pulled into pre-registered RV parks along the way. I will judge for myself if WM or a FJ suits my needs. But I do appreciate all the comments pro and con.

Old 04-21-2019, 04:49 PM   #142

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: New York
THOR #5840
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJRocky View Post
Happy New Year everyone. I am traveling South along I95 from NY to FL in February. Has anyone stayed at Walmart Overnight and how was the experience? Are there any Pro or Con? I would like to plan my stays in advance but have never tried overnight parking. I plan to take 3 days each way in a 35' Hurricane.

Thanks in advance,
Vince
I'm a little late with this update but thought I would comment on my experience with over night stays at Walmart and other locations. In general, we had good experiences staying at Super Walmart's both southbound and northbound trips. Sometimes we asked and were allowed to overnight and sometimes we didn't ask (mostly because there were other RV's parked.) We always purchased goods at each location. We always parked in designated areas or on the outskirts. We did not have much luck at Pilots or Flying J's since they were always packed solid with truckers and very noisy too. Doing this made our trip a little smoother and saved some money (saving money was not our goal though). The one issue that made it a little inconvenient was not opening the bedroom slide and having to negotiate the bathroom access. Other than that, I would do it again. I hope this helps some of you who have not traveled this way before. Happy Easter. Vinny & Chris