Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-13-2018, 01:30 PM   #21
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneroe View Post
Actually, Bob, they had Thor's approval the same day they started working the warranty job, Jan 15th, ordered the part that same day. Thor ordered it from the manufacturer on the 15th also. The manufacturer shipped it direct to the dealer on the 30th.

My big issue is, if the technician would have taken ten minutes to look at the warranty job the same day they started the non-warranty work, he would have known right then the part needed ordering and it could have been ordered a week and a half earlier.

Also, I have no doubt they had the part in the"back room" several days before I called and had them look for it - the parts department hadn't let them know it had come in.
This sounds like a Human Resources issue at the Shop: not the Shop itself!

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:51 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
This sounds like a Human Resources issue at the Shop: not the Shop itself!
Agreed. I have to say all the work they have done has been good.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 01:14 AM   #23

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfield3 View Post
It is so pathetic that we allow the RV industry to be so sub-standard. I purhased a new Toyota a year before my RV. I have been to my dealer for warranty work on the Toyota - ZERO times. I purchased a new Thor Challenger last May and have been back five times and another trip this Friday. I guess I am lucky that my dealer General RV does not allow you to drop the unit off, we have to set and wait or drive a second vehicle. I hope we consumers make the industry change to produce quality rather than quantity.

Overall I love my Thor Challenger 37KT, just hope the industry can turn it self around like the automobile industy has done.
Yeah, much as I'd like to wish, I think the makers of the RVs in the USA can do better. I started buying Toyotas instead of Fords and I spent less time taking them to the shop to get it fixed again. Wished they would start making RVs like they did in the 90s. Do the European car makers make a decent size RV?
Old 06-02-2018, 01:43 PM   #24

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Yup! If they have to wait for Thor's okay before starting a project: it's always going to feel as if you're watching paint dry.
Yeah, I allus thought that you buy an RV to use, not sit in a repair shop waiting to be fixed. And I know there are others, have to wait in line...etc but I didn't buy it to have it 'sit'. If I can get a certified mechanic that can fix it quicker and then I can use it, then so be it. Maybe they don't sell RVs, they just work on them but I don't care about that. If it's a warranty repair I'll keep a record of it and send a copy to the Maker. If they choose not to reimburse me after a couple of back and forth letters, then next time I'm NOT buying anything from them, which seems to be more and more these days but I can be brand specific too.
Old 06-04-2018, 01:55 PM   #25

Brand: Still Looking
State: England
THOR #11569
Stupid question #557 by me

Can you have them assess it and then bring your coach back when parts are in?
Cuz y'all are scaring me
I know they always say no with my car
I would want my coach inside out of the elements (sun water wind hail) all the time sitting waiting there, I can keep it at home under cover like y'all want to Too.
I guess I should say other than the general R V above?
Does their insurance cover you while it is sitting there?
Thanks
For the first 3 years nobody better breathe on it
And take shoes off lol