Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-07-2019, 03:11 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Mississippi
THOR #14259
Water dilemma

I am a solo female Rver who woke up this morning with water pouring out of my fresh water input on my ‘19 Windsport 29M. There was a thunderstorm during the night (maybe irrelevant) but with the strange erratic command system, who knows. I’m in an RV Park and have been here for 3 weeks without incident. I’m hooked up to city water and when I checked the main board, it said the water pump was on (how and when did that happen?). I shut off the water at the post and left the pump on and turned on the water in the kitchen sink to drain some water out of the holding tank. Before this incident, I had 3/4 tank. Now it shows full, even after draining some. But then, even after dumping my tanks, my black tank shows full even though only liquids go into that tank, and I do mean ONLY liquids! I’ve had nothing but trouble with the toilet as well but that’s a story for a different post. Right now my concern is my water tank filling up mysteriously and then overflowing. Any ideas?

Old 08-07-2019, 03:34 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
The check valve on your electric water pump is leaking. You can disconnect from shore water and run the electric pump for a couple minutes to see if it will reset. With the pump on - open the kitchen sink for a minute, then close it and let the pressure buildup until the pump stops. Do that 3 or 4 times and that will flush any debris in the check valve. That probably won't work but is worth a try. The other options are to replace the check valve on the pump or replace the pump entirely. Finally, the permanent fix is to re-plumb a separate check valve between the tank and the electric pump.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 04:00 PM   #3

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Mississippi
THOR #14259
The check valve on your electric water pump is leaking. You can disconnect from shore water and run the electric pump for a couple minutes to see if it will reset. With the pump on - open the kitchen sink for a minute, then close it and let the pressure buildup until the pump stops. Do that 3 or 4 times and that will flush any debris in the check valve. That probably won't work but is worth a try.

That’s pretty much what I did. Thanks for the diagnosis and help. I only did it once, not 3 or 4 times, but I have now turned off the pump at the board and am back on shore water. It still shows full, but I’m learning that doesn’t mean anything. So far no more water is escaping from the water inlet. I won’t leave the rig without shutting off the shore water. There is no warranty facility near me. I’ll call Thor so they will give me permission to have it checked.