Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-28-2018, 07:35 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Michigan
THOR #9522
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
Had Safeco for a few years now with the RV... Just got the renewal notice - over last 2 years a 40% increase in premiums with no claims, clean record, excellent credit. Time to shop around again...
I went to Safeco when National General pulled the same game a few years ago.
17% increase for me over the 1st year with them.

1977 Tioga 24 foot RV
petefoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 12:45 AM   #42

Model: challenger 37YT
State: Michigan
THOR #6874
Just got my renewal for my 2017 Challenger...$1650...up from $1300 last year. No tickets, no claims and an 830 credit score.
Told the agent she needs to shop harder because it seems the insurance company is getting pretty comfortable. And I know another company would like my yearly $5000 auto insurance premiums.
Old 10-05-2018, 04:24 PM   #43

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Exactly Right

In a line spoken in the movie Roadhouse by Sam Elliott, "exactly right".

When the insurance company moves the mark up, it's signals it is your time to put ALL your insurance needs up for a bidding war between companies. House, vacation home, cars, RV, off road toys, everything. You owe the company nothing. There is no need to feel "loyal" to them this is business and you're in the business of providing for your family by keeping as much of your hard earned money as possible.

I simply scan copy ALL my present insurance coverages to the computer, attach a note explaining I want a quote of (equal or better) for less, then send it off to several company's. Works every time.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 02:14 PM   #44

Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Florida
THOR #6310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Thank you...
I once managed to save an account that had been cancelled for non-payment for almost an entire Month.
The Insured had taken a new job, and was travelling a whole lot more than he had... His new Bride was still unaware of what was due, and when...
If I hadn't known him and his family for over thirty years: I would have had no idea of his work ethic, and prior payment history.

Our agent went to bat for our son in a very similar situation recently. Canceled policy reinstated with no increase in premium. My son's credit score and driving record are not pristine so I suspect my agent had to move mountains. We've been with his agency close to 10 years for all our polices. I send him business when I can. Last RV we sold I referred the new RVer to him and they bought a policy through him. I use him to shop for us to get the best rates and he works hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick kirby View Post
Just got my renewal for my 2017 Challenger...$1650...up from $1300 last year. No tickets, no claims and an 830 credit score.
Told the agent she needs to shop harder because it seems the insurance company is getting pretty comfortable. And I know another company would like my yearly $5000 auto insurance premiums.
When we bought this RV the best rate was bundling it with our auto policy with Safeco. When Safeco increased our rates significantly at renewal time my agent moved it to Progressive. Currently paying $1,236 annually with some pretty hefty coverage. Good credit, good driving records, no claims. We're in Florida. Only the RV premium went way up. Not sure why Safeco didn't want it. Auto stayed about the same.
Old 10-06-2018, 03:11 PM   #45

Model: 2013 Palazzo 33.1
State: Arizona
THOR #9385
We were with Progressive but now with Geico. We pay $400 every 6 months with full replacement cost and full glass coverage. (No deductible for windshield)
maromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 07:12 PM   #46

Model: ACE 29.2
State: Texas
THOR #1406
66 and live in Texas. Can't beat Flo (Progressive).
Old 02-02-2020, 10:51 PM   #47

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
We had Progressive through Good Sam until the premium went up by 30% for no apparent reason. Called Good Sam and switched to National General at less than the former rate. A year later they too went up for no apparent reason. Called Good Sam and now I’m back with Progressive at 30% less than the first time. Go figure.
Old 02-09-2020, 07:33 PM   #48

Model: Tuscany
THOR #1808
farm bureau here in texas
house, both vehicles and the bus

last few years though all insurance rate sin texas have gone up for weird reasons.

we are rural the reason was given more claims for hitting wildlife...i asked why does that effect me if i didnt file a claim??

insurance is a such a rip off mandated crap

so we shop around every renewal time and the last ten years no body has ever come close to what we pay

for the three self propelled vehicles is 1160 per 6 month policy with 500 deduct and the 300k bodily injury, 500k each accident 250k property damage and state required PIP, plus rental car and roadside , (roadside is free) and we have coachnet to cover anything farm bureau does not.

the individual rates broke out in the policy are the bus its 376, the edge is 350 and the expedition is 426 . cracks me up the expedition is so much higher than the 32k pound bus

house insurance is pretty low, but its based on replacement costs plus 10k extra stuff coverage 815 for 12 months. i dont live in the tajmahal but it is valued at 175k, steel roof.

as far as customer service...i give them a 8

our 2013 f150 was hit while on a trip and. lady tried to remove the entire front end. by the time we got home, we had rental and full repair coverage at our body shop , the body shop covered all repairs for as long as we owned the truck. only negative was the claims adjuster and his lack of keeping me in the loop, but we by passed him and the process was painless

our expy got hit from the rear side and just like before, i made a call, got the rental, dropped off truck and it was done and no worries, they handled all the details with the offenders insurance

i can call the local office or main 800 number and within minutes usually have what i need
Old 02-10-2020, 12:33 AM   #49
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Your Insurance Company settled your claims quickly, fairly, and with minimal disruption to your life...

And you still call it a rip-off?
Old 02-10-2020, 01:39 AM   #50

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Use AAA for the house, cars and RV, though at the moment we are between RV's and have none right now. Fortunately never filed a claim for any of the RV's, but they have been very responsive when I needed them for car incidents. They offer a variety of discounts, with the discounts they give me, their rates are IMO very reasonable. Whoever you are insured with, ask them for a breakdown on available discounts, you may qualify for.
Old 02-10-2020, 05:00 AM   #51

THOR #1808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Your Insurance Company settled your claims quickly, fairly, and with minimal disruption to your life...

And you still call it a rip-off?

maybe i was unclear,

not the company,

the fact we pay higher rates because of the enormous amounts of uninsured drivers and no Driver licensed drivers , rates continually to go up.
both our incidents cost farm bureau zero dollars

we like farm bureau very much,
Old 02-10-2020, 06:17 PM   #52

THOR #1808
this is why i am so hard on uninsured and non licensed drivers as well as impaired drivers

almost two years ago my parents were hit head on glancing blow and almost murdered
they both have had numerous surgeries to become whole again, never mind the losses of property and the like
woman that hit them was approaching in opposite lane and heading right into my parents lane. my day acted quickly and pulled over to the grass and stopped to avoid the impact \she still hit them in excess of 70 mph, parents car did what it was designed to do and absorb the energy of the impact. the woman's car hit them and spun them 360 and then continues for another 1/4 mile into the trees and stopped when the car got caught up in the trees

woman had NO INSURANCE or Drivers license (suspended) and was high on meth or some other substance.
the car was not hers and was borrowed from a friend, which was insured by allstate, which is also my parents carrier.

allstate has refused to cover any thing that would be covered by the uninsured motorist parts required by law and we await a second mediation to resolve the issue.
the woman received a freaking 500 dollar ticket..that was it.

allstate insists the surgeries to repair the impact damage was not needed
so if we are required to carry insurance to be used to make us whole, then there should not be nearly a two year litigation to made so.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180604_095106.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	22502   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180604_095204.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	22503  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180604_100720.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	224.9 KB
ID:	22504   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180604_095544.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	22505  

Old 09-21-2020, 02:09 PM   #53

Model: Windsport 34T
State: Alabama
THOR #17313
This was our first year RV'ing. After research, we went with USAA and they sub out to Progressive Insurance, about $915 annually-paid in full discount-No multicar discount-Glass replacement included-Tow trailer (which we do not have) included, No history of accidents or moving violations etc...This year they sent us a renewal notification that our policy will go down $18.00.
dI have to admit, I was originally coming to find out if the premium I paid could be lowered, but now that I see what the potential out there is, I hope this info can help you or others now.
WhittlingDown is offline   Reply With Quote