Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-16-2017, 10:47 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Synergy Fresh Water Tank Drain Valve

I filled the fresh water tank on the new 2017 Synergy tt24 and the water ran out onto the driveway. So I looked everywhere to find the fresh water tank drain valve somebody forgot to tell me about. Looked all through the side bins, crawled under the coach in the drive, finally located it in the coach under the bed on the passenger side behind a screwed in panel you have to lay down to remove due to space restrictions. Behind it was the fresh water tank and a small valve to drain it the factory apparently ships in the open position. Well at least now my fresh water tank has been flushed.

Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:56 PM   #2

Model: Synergy TT24
State: West Virginia
THOR #3433
DogLovers,

That is the right place for the drain valve. Have you had to clean the water pump strainer yet? I am still cleaning mine after over a year of use. Also, did you find your water filter yet? Mine was under the driver's side bed gwhere it was totally inaccessible to replace the cartridge filter. I made the dealer totally remove it and replumb the line as I prefer an outside filter.

Enjoy your rig and get out and travel this beautiful country of ours.

Ed and Robin L
2016 Synergy TT24
Beaver, WV
KC8RXQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:02 PM   #3

State: Arizona
THOR #7430
Glad you got your water situation fixed. Mine was shipped in the closed position and water pump ran for an hour until the dealer told me to take the screwed in access panel down and open up the valve. Dealers are worthless.
Old 06-28-2017, 03:20 PM   #4

State: Arizona
THOR #7430
Ed, where is the water pump strainer? Obviously it's on the water pump and mine is behind the access panel but which end of the pump has the screen? Thanks
Old 06-28-2017, 04:09 PM   #5

Model: Synergy TT24
State: West Virginia
THOR #3433
Fresh water strainer location

Glamperjan,

On our TT24 the fresh water tank, the water pump, and the strainer/sight glass are under the passenger side bed. The pump, strainer (that has a sight glass and is between the tank and the pump), and the tank valves are accessible via the removable access panel below that same bed. Be sure to shut off the valve between the tank and the pump before removing the sight glass/strainer or you will have water from the tank coming your way! And, once the sight glass/strainer are reinstalled you can turn the valve back on. It isn't unusual to see plastic shavings inside the strainer screen even after a period of use.

Now, enjoy that rig!
KC8RXQ is offline   Reply With Quote