Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2020, 12:26 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.6
State: North Carolina
THOR #16478
Where is my DVD and radio? Thor Axis 25.6

Hi all,
I'm finally settled in for a few weeks in one spot with our still new Thor Axis 25.6. Finally ready to figure out the TV. I pulled out the owner manuals for the Connex box (model SB-26) and the DVD player. But I can't find them! Any idea where these are in our unit? Where to even look?

Thanks!
Grace

Old Goat & Grace
Thor Axis 25.6 (2019)

Old 01-24-2020, 01:42 AM   #2

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
I’m sure someone with your model will help. One of my previous coaches had the TVs connected to the dash radio head unit and it was used for movies as well as CDs throughout the coach. It worked ok but there was something of a learning curve. I ended up buying a DVD player and using it from the electronics cabinet. Hope you figure it out and enjoy your discovery!
Old 01-24-2020, 02:59 AM   #3

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
I’ll assume that you have the standard Axxera head unit in your dash.
That Axxera unit will play a DVD, but only project it on the 7” screen (kinda hard to see).

So, if you want to watch a DVD on any of your 3 TV’s...then you’ll need 3 separate DVD players, each one hooked up to a TV.

You can find a selection of $30-50 DVD players on Amazon.
Old 01-24-2020, 02:52 PM   #4

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37K
State: Virginia
THOR #12448
Grace - I did a quick search and couldn't find anything conclusive, but in one review of a 2019 Axis 25.6, I saw something in the bottom of the left hanging wardrobe in the bedroom which looks like it could be the DVD player.

A Connex SB26 seems to be a sound bar, so it would most likely be attached to the bottom of one of the TVs, possibly the outside one based on another Axis review I ran across.

===

Regarding taylorbob1's comment about needing DVD units for each TV, our unit (not Axis) came standard with a video splitter/switch that looks/functions identical to this one:
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15866
(just an example and occasional customer, no other affiliation)

It can have up to 2 HDMI inputs and it sends whichever input is selected to all the TVs connected to the HDMI outputs. There are bigger/badder models where you can have more TVs or more inputs, sends the HDMI signal over CAT6 cabling, or individually select the input on a per TV basis. I've thought about the latter, but we don't use the TV enough to justify the cost.

For us, we have a Blueray player on input 1, Raspberry Pi media Center on input 2 and the outside, living room, bedroom TVs on the HDMI outputs.
Depending on our needs at the time, I may swap the DVD player input with a Chromecast.

The only challenge to this setup is that you need to home-run an HDMI cable from each TV to the media cabinet and I'm not sure they do that in all coaches.
Old 01-26-2020, 03:28 PM   #5

Model: Axis 25.6
State: North Carolina
THOR #16478
Thanks for help - found out some info

Thanks to both of you for your help. The dealer where we bought the rig called back and said the sound bar is outside (you were right) and that a DVD player didn't come with our unit (but then why do I have the owner's manual?). Not making a big deal out of a $30 item. As far as the unit in the back closet, it's actually just a shelf to put equipment on.

It's all a learning curve, and we are so appreciative of all of you in the Thor community that has been so helpful.

Grace

Tags
dvd player, location, radio