Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2019, 11:38 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Oklahoma
THOR #14968
WIFI device ??

DW if mostly deaf and uses text and net to communicate with everyone. I am searching for a good WIFI device for our 2019 AXIS 24.1. I have ruled out a couple of devices due to lack of range or bad reviews by others.

I am looking at the WIFIRanger as the device for our WIFI needs. I and looking at the WiFiRanger SkyPro Pack but before going with this wanted to see what experience others may have had. Has anyone looked at or used this line of products?

I have no connection to the below company other than interested in their product.

Website link for added thoughts. https://wifiranger.com/

Thanks for your thoughts and input.

Old 07-24-2019, 02:21 AM   #2

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
I have the WiFi Ranger sky 2 and the GOAC. I would not rely on this being your sole connection option for several reasons.
1. Most networks are locked and PW protected now
2. 99 out of 100 campgrounds WiFi sucks. Lucky to get 1-2 mbps down

But it is one of many tools to carry to stay connected. The Ranger will help boost a WiFi signal, but has nothing to do with how fast the speeds are up or down.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:30 AM   #3
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas View Post
DW if mostly deaf and uses text and net to communicate with everyone. I am searching for a good WIFI device for our 2019 AXIS 24.1. I have ruled out a couple of devices due to lack of range or bad reviews by others.

I am looking at the WIFIRanger as the device for our WIFI needs. I and looking at the WiFiRanger SkyPro Pack but before going with this wanted to see what experience others may have had. Has anyone looked at or used this line of products?

I have no connection to the below company other than interested in their product.

Website link for added thoughts. https://wifiranger.com/

Thanks for your thoughts and input.

Not sure what configuration you are looking at (SkyPro Pack has an LTE option), but my experience with a WiFi extender alone was that campground WiFi in general is unreliable.

It certainly did let me connect to towers further away, but couldn’t fix the bandwidth issues the campground had.

Some form of device with LTE - be it the option on SkyPro Pack, or just a cellular hotspot will likely give better service. Of course needs a data plan.

I use an AT&T Mobley (from when they offered a great deal on service..). They have now partnered with Roadlink. I have no experience with the new device...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 03:03 AM   #4

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
Not sure what configuration you are looking at (SkyPro Pack has an LTE option), but my experience with a WiFi extender alone was that campground WiFi in general is unreliable.

It certainly did let me connect to towers further away, but couldn’t fix the bandwidth issues the campground had.

Some form of device with LTE - be it the option on SkyPro Pack, or just a cellular hotspot will likely give better service. Of course needs a data plan.

I use an AT&T Mobley (from when they offered a great deal on service..). They have now partnered with Roadlink. I have no experience with the new device...
We have had our Mobley for more then a year and LOVE it. We use about 150 gigs plus a month.