Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-09-2019, 10:28 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 32.1
State: Florida
THOR #15902
WifiRanger Sky3 on/off button (help)

Good evening RV Family!

I recently purchased a Thor A.C.E. 32.1. I’m exploring our new “toy” and can’t locate the WifiRanger Sky3 on/off button or switch. I’ve searched high and low but can’t find it. I have not put a ladder up to the roof to look at the Sky3 for any on/off indicators. Any ideas? Thanks!

-Steve

Old 07-10-2019, 12:29 PM   #2

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Massachusetts
THOR #15847
I just purchased my Thor Windsport and noticed there wasn't an off/on button. It connects automatically, but you need to use the quick reference information provided for you that has the IP address and password. Once you locate that quick reference sheet, put the number indicated into your browser...you do not need internet access to do that, because the Sky3 will pick up that number. Just follow the directions. Good luck!
Old 07-12-2019, 05:21 AM   #3

Model: Siesta 24SS
State: California
THOR #15547
We have a new Thor Siesta 24SS. It has a Winegard ConnecT 2.0 WiFi/4G lte extender and there is no on/off switch. I am going to install a switch...while it does not use much power, I still would rather have it off unless I plan to use it. Each tiny battery draw adds up.
Old 07-13-2019, 06:07 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Illinois
THOR #12548
If you get around to installing that switch for this thing, post some pics & part numbers please. :-)

I’d like to do the same. More to disable it to keep kids off of it than anything else.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:08 PM   #5

THOR #15547
The hardest part will be trying to follow/find the power wires to tap into. In looking at wiring schematics in the Winegard manual, looks like the way they turn on/off is with a switch on the positive line. So, a simple 12v dc switch is what I'd use...find on Amazon or auto parts store.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:27 PM   #6

THOR #15547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwray View Post
If you get around to installing that switch for this thing, post some pics & part numbers please. :-)

I’d like to do the same. More to disable it to keep kids off of it than anything else.

Here's the switch that I bought.
https://www.rvplus.com/prime-product...iABEgJQZ_D_BwE

This weekend I'll hunt for the power wire to connect the switch to.
Old 07-29-2019, 12:39 AM   #7

THOR #15547
Found WiFi wires today. Was on the same fuse as the CO and Propane Alarm. Put switch next to that alarm. Sorry for the sideways photos...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190728_121807.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	19256   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190728_125808.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	19257  

Old 07-29-2019, 01:32 AM   #8

Model: A.C.E. 32.1
THOR #15902
Thank you for pointing this out!

Would it be too much to ask for a wiring diagram? Or a detailed owners manual? I seriously can’t understand why it’s not an existing standard.

Thanks again!
Old 07-29-2019, 01:51 AM   #9

Model: Vegas 25.5
THOR #12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampants81 View Post
Thank you for pointing this out!

Would it be too much to ask for a wiring diagram? Or a detailed owners manual? I seriously can’t understand why it’s not an existing standard.

Thanks again!
Have you gone to Thor Motor Coach site for documents? Log in (create user name & password, enter VIN) and at the top, click on "owners", then "Owners Resources". You will have several pages of diagram, schematics, user's manuals, etc. mostly for your particular coach. Some are generic or may not match but a call to Thor and they will send what you need. In your case for schematics, it will be there. If you have questions regarding something on the schematic, you have 2 options: 1) call Thor, 2) keep posting them in this forum. Between those 2 options, you will probably get your answers. Good luck and have fun. It's why we have RVs.
pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 03:37 AM   #10

Model: Vegas 27.7
State: Georgia
THOR #14579
I see a SkyRanger always. Is there a password>? I hope I am using the extender, but I don't know.
Old 08-18-2019, 04:09 PM   #11

Model: Hurricane 27B
THOR #13788
WiFi Ranger not showing up as an option??

I’ve been using the WiFi Ranger for almost 2 weeks on this trip, and today the WiFi ranger is not showing up as an option to choose. When I enter the numerical address, it says “can’t open page”. I have heard birds on our coach roof this morning. Can birds peck at the WiFi ranger on the roof and destroy it? Any ideas?
Old 03-03-2021, 01:45 AM   #12

Model: Freedom Traveler a27
State: South Carolina
THOR #22405
Hello, I talked to Thor reprehensive today, your battery disconnect switch powers it up, you just need to open wifi setting and find your ranger and log on with the password. My problem is we bought is used so no information is available. Hope this helps you.
Old 03-03-2021, 01:47 AM   #13

THOR #22405
I'm trying to get information on finding a password also, we bought our freedom traveler last year used so no information is available.
Old 03-03-2021, 01:51 AM   #14

THOR #22405
Hello and thanks, where would we find the reference information at ? We our coach used a Thor Freedom Traveler a27. I got on top and see the Wifiranger Sky3 but no information to log into it. Talked to a Thor representative today and found out it does connect via battery disconnect switch though. thanks
Old 03-03-2021, 02:03 AM   #15

Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
THOR #17688
I've heard that it can be switched off with the power for the TV antenna, at least in a Compass/Gemini but have not verified that yet. It does go off with battery disconnect for sure...
Old 03-28-2021, 05:02 PM   #16

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Michigan
THOR #17730
Wifiranger Sky3 Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesley View Post
Hello and thanks, where would we find the reference information at ? We our coach used a Thor Freedom Traveler a27. I got on top and see the Wifiranger Sky3 but no information to log into it. Talked to a Thor representative today and found out it does connect via battery disconnect switch though. thanks
It might have already been mentioned that you can find the instructions for the Sky3 under your unit via Thor Owner Resources: https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource/.

Of course if you're looking for a password from a used rig, if I recall correctly, you would need to reset the Sky3 by having no shore connection and turning off and on the main power disconnect switch 5-6 times with a pause of a few seconds between each. This should reset the device to its default settings.
Old 06-21-2021, 11:21 AM   #17

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
This might help for your waif ranger password. Climb on top and write down the last 4 numbers. Should look like 4.5163. It’s also the same number ID that shows up as a WiFi signal. The default password is changemenow5163. Or whatever those last 4 numbers are.

You can download the instructions from their website. My A27 was new and did not have this info with it.

Also, go up on top and check the magnetic Sirius XM antenna. I had to seal mine with dicor as it leaked and allowed water to intrude into drivers sidewall.

Also check your little bullet clearance lights on top over the windshield. Mine weren’t sealed and again allowed water intrusion.
Old 06-21-2021, 04:33 PM   #18

Model: Vegas 27.7
State: Georgia
THOR #14579
You can get the number by the WiFi close to you when you search for WiFi.

Mine in my Vegas is always on.

Attached are the manuals.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf wifiranger_quickstart_sky_lostdocs_rev8.pdf (820.0 KB, 81 views)
Old 11-23-2021, 08:32 PM   #19

State: Quebec
THOR #16836
WiFiRanger Sky 4 turn off

I have a WiFiRanger Sky 4. I don’t see it anymore. It is not showing up as an option to choose. His blue light inside is turn off to. I do not found switch on/off. I have a Compass 23TK 2019.

What can I do to resolve this problem?

Thanks very much.
Old 11-23-2021, 10:37 PM   #20

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisette Gagné View Post
I have a WiFiRanger Sky 4. I don’t see it anymore. It is not showing up as an option to choose. His blue light inside is turn off to. I do not found switch on/off. I have a Compass 23TK 2019.

What can I do to resolve this problem?

Thanks very much.
When mine quit showing as an option it was due to moisture intrusion corroding the board. Had to replace.