Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2017, 04:19 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Ohio
THOR #7197
Windsport fixed one leak now another found...

So I had a leak from a shower faucet that had a crack in it. I replaced it with an all new same faucet and it's great. Then while checking all other sinks, and the outside shower for any other possible leaks I found a small puddle on the driveway. Here when I ran the shower water somehow puddled a little onto the drive. It's Not from the faucet I replaced, but I'm thinking it's coming from the drain somehow, I'm gonna try to remove the wall in the master as I think it's held on with 2sided tape. I was able to stick my head under the fridge access, only way to see anything, but to far from it to tell where it's coming from, but I could see a small puddle. Then it runs off the side and down to the half basement cabinet outside down and to the ground. Anyone else have an ideaClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2600.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	4911? I'm starting to get tired of leaks! Thanks for the help! -Andy

Old 05-15-2017, 02:11 PM   #2

Model: Windsport 31S
State: Tennessee
THOR #5918
Windsport fixed one leak now another found...

Andy, What is the year and Model of your Windsport? I have a '16 31S and haven't had the leak problems you're referring to, AND don't want any!
The only leak I've noticed, and found, so far is the connection from the gray tank to the drain valve in the utility bay.
Bruce W
USAF (Ret.)
Old 05-16-2017, 03:25 AM   #3

THOR #7197
Hi Bruce I have a 2012 32a I purchased it used at end of season last year with 18k, I've been just going over it to get it all ready. I replaced the shower faucet, the part that blends the hot and cold together was cracked and spilling water on the shower floor luckily. But then after checking all other sinks etc for leaks I noticed a puddle in the drive. There's a small puddle of water under the shower housing I was able to see by looking under the fridge area access but I'm going to have to pull the wall in the master and try to see if I can access the leak. Getting to it will be the hard part I think not actually fixing it.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:25 PM   #4

Model: Windsport 31S
State: Tennessee
THOR #5918
Andy, Obviously they've changed the floor plan in the few years difference in our coaches. I hesitate to say this, but the former owners, IF also from OH, may have not been diligent enough in the winterizing of the unit. I had a leak in a Bounder at a connection, when I had not fully winterized. (I blew the lines out with air, but did not put in anti-freeze. Last time I did THAT.)
I'm disappointed in the location of the lines in my '16 31S, as they are inaccessible, which prevents we diy'ers from working on them.
I had warranty work done at Wakarusa and was very pleased. You're not far away, depending on where in OH you are. I believe I'd recommend getting an appointment over there. BTW, where in OH are you? We're originally from Sidney, right off I-75.
Bruce W
USAF (Ret.)
Old 05-17-2017, 03:46 AM   #5

THOR #7197
Hi Bruce, I'm in Canton about 10 min from the pro football hall of fame. I was able to remove the sliding master bedroom door tonite, there are two white plastics tabs I pushed with a screw driver at the top of the door and then slide the door one way while holding the top door roller. I was able to get some photos incase anyone else can benefit, I then removed the corner wall edge, and I drove the staples that held the wood paneling wall through using a screw driver and hammer so I could remove the wall and gain access to the shower. Turns out the water was getting in between the lower shower tray and top shower piece and running down. I talked to Thor on the phone and asked their option on this before and they told me they don't caulk them so if water does get in there somehow it dries. But I also know that they will caulk it for you if you want. I'm probably going to caulk it. I had the shower nozzle hanging down near the drain because I was trying not to get things wet with my shower door open while I was testing things out when I first found this leak and I think that under normal circumstances the chance of water getting through with the nozzle mounted up high would be a lot less. Here's some photos. I just relived I know where it is coming from. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2618.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	4942Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2619.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	191.5 KB
ID:	4943Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2629.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	4944Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2628.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	4945Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2594.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	4946
Old 05-27-2017, 01:39 PM   #6

Model: Windsport 34F
State: Arkansas
THOR #7538
Thanks for the info regarding the caulking. I was just examining my shower on our newly purchased '17 Windsport 34F (only the second weekend out) and noticed no caulking! I'm not sure I buy the "allow it to dry if it gets wet" excuse. Kind of a close the barn door after the horse gets out kind of thing. Isn't that why we use caulk in the first place? To keep it from leaking water? Seems like someone at Thor thought of a new way to save cost and make it seem like they were doing us a favor. Bet they got promoted! I will be getting them to caulk my shower when we get home.
Old 05-27-2017, 01:53 PM   #7

Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Texas
THOR #1183
Re possible drain leak vs fresh water piping leak. Put a little food dye in suspect drain.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:28 PM   #8

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connico479 View Post
Thanks for the info regarding the caulking. I was just examining my shower on our newly purchased '17 Windsport 34F (only the second weekend out) and noticed no caulking! I'm not sure I buy the "allow it to dry if it gets wet" excuse. Kind of a close the barn door after the horse gets out kind of thing. Isn't that why we use caulk in the first place? To keep it from leaking water? Seems like someone at Thor thought of a new way to save cost and make it seem like they were doing us a favor. Bet they got promoted! I will be getting them to caulk my shower when we get home.
Having toured Plant 750 twice (June 2015, July 2016), I asked the question on the shower surround. The same answer both times from floor workers and the salesman leading the tours. There is a 2" overlap between the shower surround and the shower pan. Caulk is not there or recommended on any coach built at Plant 750.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote