Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2019, 04:02 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar London Aire
State: North Carolina
THOR #14340
Winegard Model VS-0604/6412

As I rehab this old coach, and I'm working my way through the multitude of minor electrical irritations, today is my turn to look at this untapped fountain of misery. I've downloaded the manual and I think I understand how it works. Or basically, how it's supposed to work.

Question: Considering the rest of the "entertainment system" is prehistoric and will eventually be replaced, is this anachronistic chunk of electronics even worth the effort to trace out and reconnect?

2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock edition
Squerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 05:19 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Are you talking about the 8-Track Player, the B&W TV with knobs and "rabbit ears", the Sansui speakers...or what?
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 08:50 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar London Aire
State: North Carolina
THOR #14340
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Are you talking about the 8-Track Player, the B&W TV with knobs and "rabbit ears", the Sansui speakers...or what?
lol, well not quite that bad. But it's still 15 year old technology and I had to stop thinking about how stuff works "now" and revert back to how it worked "then".

I had forgotten that things were connected any other way than HDMI cables. But none of this equipment has an HDMI anywhere to be found. Also, I think everyone here probably remembers having to put the TV on Channel 3/4 to make the video player work? Sigh....

Anyhow, I spent several hours with it and yes, it's clunky. But the DVD is working as well as the surround sound. (Surround sounds GREAT!) I'll have to find a universal remote as currently there are no less than 4 remotes needed to make everything work.
2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock edition
Squerly is offline   Reply With Quote