Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2018, 05:45 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Smile Midwest Treasure Hunt

If you like scavengers hunts, why not kick it up a notch and search for real hidden treasure? If you find yourself in the Rockies, or soon to be there, you may be intrigued by what you read here. It will call on all your senses and intellect to decipher the clues and find the treasure.

Is the treasure real? I can't say. I won't know until I find it. Until then, you'll have to decide for yourself.

Happy Hunting

DISCLAIMER: I am not affiliated with the website. I'm merely passing it along for those who may not know about it and I take no ownership or liability afterward. I implore you to take note and take heed of others experiences in what and what not to do. I'd feel really bad and cannot be responsible for anyone's mishap.

Numerous blog posts there consistently warn people to be safe. Accidents can and will happen. This is the Rocky mountains and as such can be dangerous if not treated with due respect.

Old 07-05-2018, 06:18 PM   #2

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
"as Forrest has pointed out, the thrill is in the chase (not in the capture)."

Doesn't sound too promising to me....
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 06:39 PM   #3

THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
"as Forrest has pointed out, the thrill is in the chase (not in the capture)."

Doesn't sound too promising to me....
I don't know...If found it I could see myself as ecstatic but again, I did that for a car I once desired. I got the car, and I really liked and enjoyed it a lot but the hunt for it was so much more gratifying than handing over the check and parking it in my garage.

I was surprised to find myself thinking that way but I did. I guess the words are just not as foreign to me.
Old 07-08-2018, 12:57 AM   #4

Model: 2015 ACE 30.2
THOR #1287
Please, please, please remove the link to the website from your post

There is some history here that you may not know about. This dude is a real piece of work. He seems to like the press and all the attention. Several people have DIED while looking for this "treasure" (which may or not be phantom). Multiple law enforcement agencies have asked that the search be canceled before anyone else is hurt, maimed, or killed, but no dice. He will not call off the "hunt". I ask that you please remove the link (I am not asking you to remove the post) so as not to encourage others to put themselves at risk. Unfortunately the prospect of a fortune compels some to take stupid risks. Thank you.
Old 07-08-2018, 03:39 AM   #5

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Josh Gates TV show expedition unknown just did a show on this, the Guy is real, Josh did an interview with him, But who knows if the treasure is real.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:09 AM   #6

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Like I said...his own advice was to carefully read between the lines...and he clearly states "the thrill is in the chase...not the capture". I don't feel there is anything there. Someone would have figured it out by now.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 01:36 PM   #7

THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrrV View Post
There is some history here that you may not know about. This dude is a real piece of work. He seems to like the press and all the attention. Several people have DIED while looking for this "treasure" (which may or not be phantom). Multiple law enforcement agencies have asked that the search be canceled before anyone else is hurt, maimed, or killed, but no dice. He will not call off the "hunt". I ask that you please remove the link (I am not asking you to remove the post) so as not to encourage others to put themselves at risk. Unfortunately the prospect of a fortune compels some to take stupid risks. Thank you.
I can't seem to edit the post anymore? Looks like you get one shot (one day) to do that, then no dice. If you know how, please let me know.