Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-23-2017, 02:20 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,232
THOR #3156
Good info Dino. Thanks
__________________

__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:43 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,065
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Good info Dino. Thanks

Roger that!

__________________

__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2016 Jeep Compass H/A (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:30 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,232
THOR #3156
Today, Tuesday October 24, 2017, is the first day to register for a campsite.

Dino and I have already reserved our spots for 4 nights. Oct 4-8, 2018 Arriving Thursday leaving Monday. This gives up Saturday and Sunday to watch the balloons.

We reserved out sites in the Standard lot. Thursday is $17.50, Friday-Monday is $35. Total $122.50

As earlier stated, we will meet at the casino then caravan to the cg. Its rally style camping which means you are assigned a spot when you get there. The only way to be next to your friends is to arrive at the same time. That's why we are meeting at the casino.

Hopefully more folks from the site will joins us.


Jerry
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:31 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,065
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Today, Tuesday October 24, 2017, is the first day to register for a campsite.

Dino and I have already reserved our spots for 4 nights. Oct 4-8, 2018 Arriving Thursday leaving Monday. This gives up Saturday and Sunday to watch the balloons.

We reserved out sites in the Standard lot. Thursday is $17.50, Friday-Monday is $35. Total $122.50

As earlier stated, we will meet at the casino then caravan to the cg. Its rally style camping which means you are assigned a spot when you get there. The only way to be next to your friends is to arrive at the same time. That's why we are meeting at the casino.

Hopefully more folks from the site will joins us.


Jerry
__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2016 Jeep Compass H/A (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:19 PM   #25
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Illinois
Posts: 69
THOR #7230
Hello, thanks for posting info for this event. I am interested in attending also. What is the difference between the standard lots and the box view lots?
__________________
Tacouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:25 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,065
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacouser View Post
Hello, thanks for posting info for this event. I am interested in attending also. What is the difference between the standard lots and the box view lots?
STANDARD: $35.00 per night (dry camping) (South RV Lot)
BOX VIEW: $45.00 per night (dry camping) (South RV Lot)
PREMIUM: $75.00 per night (30Amp and water connection) (South RV Lot)
VIP West/East: $90.00 per night (dry camping, adjacent to the Launch Field with 2 entry passes included valid during your stay.)
PRESIDENT'S COMPOUND: $175.00 per night (Sites on a bluff overlooking the Launch Field with city water pressure and 30-50 Amp RV Hook-up, this site also includes 4 entry passes to the Launch Field valid during your stay.)
*Please keep in mind that we are a temporary facility that is set in place prior to the event opening. Placement among the RV park is at Balloon Fiesta’s discretion. We do "Rally Style" parking at all of our sites; which is first come, first served parked as you arrive.

__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2016 Jeep Compass H/A (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:12 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,232
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacouser View Post
Hello, thanks for posting info for this event. I am interested in attending also. What is the difference between the standard lots and the box view lots?
Ive never been and cant find any description between Standard and Standard Box. All I can do is Assume which I hate to do but it sounds like it a separate area within the Standard lot. No power or hook ups just like the standard so again I just assume its location within the cg.

Jerry
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:13 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,232
THOR #3156
Confirmed with reservations.

halfprice-Jerry, Maria, our friend Jeff, and Sasha the wonder dog
Dino and Angie
Dennis and Janet
Harold and Kathy
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:55 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,065
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Ive never been and cant find any description between Standard and Standard Box. All I can do is Assume which I hate to do but it sounds like it a separate area within the Standard lot. No power or hook ups just like the standard so again I just assume its location within the cg.

Jerry
I am guessing but I think the Standard Box View area is a section of the South RV Lot that enables the campers to see the balloons land in a adjacent empty "box" of land west of the South RV Lot! Most of the South RV Lot has "privacy" panelling attached to the fencing.

__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2016 Jeep Compass H/A (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 02:08 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,232
THOR #3156
Been planning our trip the last couple of weeks.
Campground reservation made in:
Sedona az
Gallup nm
Balloon festival
Tombstone az
Tucson az

Plan on doing the pink jeep tour in sedona

Already reserved the Top to Bottom tour of the Titan Missle Silo in tucson

We will be doing the Queen Copper mine tour in Bissbee and caverns tours just north of tombstone

It will be a fun and busy 2 week trip

Hope more from this site join us.


Jerry
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 05:55 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,065
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Been planning our trip the last couple of weeks.
Campground reservation made in:
Sedona az
Gallup nm
Balloon festival
Tombstone az
Tucson az

Plan on doing the pink jeep tour in sedona

Already reserved the Top to Bottom tour of the Titan Missle Silo in tucson

We will be doing the Queen Copper mine tour in Bissbee and caverns tours just north of tombstone

It will be a fun and busy 2 week trip

Hope more from this site join us.


Jerry

Sweet itinerary Jerry!!!!

__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2016 Jeep Compass H/A (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 12:57 AM   #32
Junior Member
 
Ms8599's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 four winds 31 w
State: Texas
Posts: 17
THOR #10089
We will be there in the south lot coming in on Monday the 8th. We are from Albuquerque and know area well. Let us know If we can be any assistance.
Mike and Julie
__________________
Ms8599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 09:18 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,065
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms8599 View Post
We will be there in the south lot coming in on Monday the 8th. We are from Albuquerque and know area well. Let us know If we can be any assistance.
Mike and Julie
Mike, the 8th is our last day at the Fiesta. How about a pic of you and Julie and your rig?

__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2016 Jeep Compass H/A (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 10:55 AM   #34
Junior Member
 
Ms8599's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 four winds 31 w
State: Texas
Posts: 17
THOR #10089
Sorry we will miss you. We like to be there during the special shapes display Thursday and Friday. The second weekend is not as crowded . I will work on that picture
__________________
Ms8599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 01:38 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,065
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms8599 View Post
Sorry we will miss you. We like to be there during the special shapes display Thursday and Friday. The second weekend is not as crowded . I will work on that picture
We like to alternate the week we stay at the balloon fiesta! Attached is a couple of pics from our trip to Colorado last November.

Cheers and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	23559860_10210846197250240_1965488150554303087_n.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	8393   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trinidad Co (37).jpg
Views:	56
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	8394  

__________________

__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2016 Jeep Compass H/A (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2