Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2017, 10:34 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Crowley Ridge

Last night at Crowley Ridge State Park in Northeastern Arkansas. Older park, but very quiet and restful. The only sounds all night were the acorns strafing the roof of the motorhome. They have water and electric, no sewer, but do have a dump station. No, the sites are not as wide as this appears. There were very few people in the campground, so the ranger suggested we stay at these two sites and have more room for the toad. Click image for larger version

Name:	Crowley Ridge 1.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	7625

Click image for larger version

Name:	Crowley Ridge 2.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	7626

Tonight, on to North Little Rock and the Downtown Riverside RV Park.

FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 10:36 PM   #2

THOR #8503
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneroe View Post
Last night at Crowley Ridge State Park in Northeastern Arkansas. Older park, but very quiet and restful. The only sounds all night were the acorns strafing the roof of the motorhome. They have water and electric, no sewer, but do have a dump station. No, the sites are not as wide as this appears. There were very few people in the campground, so the ranger suggested we stay at these two sites and have more room for the toad. Attachment 7625

Attachment 7626

Tonight, on to North Little Rock and the Downtown Riverside RV Park.
Has anyone figured how to keep these right side up? I really don't roll the motorhome on its side when I park it. :-)
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
Old 11-03-2017, 10:43 PM   #3

Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneroe View Post
Has anyone figured how to keep these right side up? I really don't roll the motorhome on its side when I park it. :-)
You mean the post, I thought you rolled the coach and were asking how not to do it going forward.

Let me know what you think about the downtown park. Been curious.

Crowley ridge is on my list. I went to Davidsonville State Park in northern Arkansas last weekend and it was real nice. Quiet, clean. Super friendly staff.

On the pictures, it looks like you took them on your cell phone in portrait mode, and the forum wants to put them in landscape mode (which is much better in the non mobile world).

So, you probably would have to edit them in an image program to fix, but going forward, if you snap a few photos in landscape mode on the phone, I'm guessing that problem would go away.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:43 PM   #4

Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
P.S. Nearly as rare as a carrier pigeon, a fellow ACE 30.3 RVer.
Old 11-04-2017, 12:31 AM   #5

THOR #8503
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
P.S. Nearly as rare as a carrier pigeon, a fellow ACE 30.3 RVer.
Yep. We got ours in July and love it so far. I had a few minor issues that I complained quite a bit about on another thread, but the problem wasn't so much with the coach as the service process within the RV industry. Once I got it in, the dealer's service folks did a very good job. So far, this trip everything is working fine.

Crowley Ridge was nice. Very quiet and uncrowded, only 5 or 6 people there. They only have one pull-through. Everything has 30 amp power and water, no sewer, but when we left this morning there was no one at the dump station, so there would have been no waiting line if we had used it. We didn't need to dump right then, so we just waited until we were hooked up here at Downtown.

Downtown is also nice, not as quiet as Crowley Ridge because it's a couple hundred yards from the I-30 bridge across the Arkansas River. All the sites are concrete and level. I put my satellite dish tripod out, laid my level on it and didn't have to adjust a thing. They only have 50 amp power, at least in the pull throughs, but if you don't have one, they will sell you a 50-30 converter for $22.50. I had already bought one (a different brand) elsewhere for $15. Of course, you might have the two a/cs and 50 amps, so not an issue. The first row is all back-ins and right on the riverbank. The middle row is LARGE pull-throughs (actually two head-to-head sites) with a good view of the river and the bridges with the nightly light show. It is a gated community, also. They give you the gate code when you check in so you can get back in if you are out after 5:00 pm. When I called to make a reservation, they told me if I was going to arrive after 5:00 pm to call them after 4:00 and before 5:00 to let them know when I was going to be there.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
Old 11-04-2017, 12:51 AM   #6

Model: PALAZZO 33.3
THOR #5696
Easy
Retired Firefighter/Paramedic, Truck Driver
C WITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 12:55 AM   #7