Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2017, 11:54 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5374
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrrV View Post
It is nice that Disney treats its DVC owners as FL residents for the lower cost annual passes. As a new passholder you should be aware that til the end of this year passholders get 20% off merchandise in most Disney shops (excludes specialty ones) and some Disney restaurants, including ones at Disney Springs, so always ask before you pay.
Now that you have a pass, go forth and reserve your fastpasses! The Disney app works great for that.
Have a blast, Ft Wilderness has so much going on it will be hard to decide what you want to do most!
We plan on having fun without the drama associated with having children and grandchildren along for the trip.
Love them dearly but this trip is for us.

Old 04-09-2017, 12:17 AM   #22

Model: Hurricane 35M
State: New Jersey
THOR #5166
I found that the cable did not work with these tvs but the meadows trading post has cable boxes and then you can get full channels.
Old 04-09-2017, 03:09 AM   #23

THOR #5374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freehood View Post
I found that the cable did not work with these tvs but the meadows trading post has cable boxes and then you can get full channels.
What's the deal with the cable boxes are they rentals ?
Old 04-16-2017, 01:32 PM   #24

Model: Hurricane 35M
State: New Jersey
THOR #5166
They are loaners, all you need is a card on file.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:13 PM   #25

Model: 2015 ACE 30.2
State: Florida
THOR #1287
Ft Wilderness cable box loaners

You need to go to the Meadows Trading Post and request one. You need one for each TV you want to connect to cable. Make sure you can reach the connections on the back of your TV to hook it up. They do have a limited number available, and are free.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:40 PM   #26

THOR #5374
Thanks for the info , I think I'll settle for whatever the roof antenna provides on this trip. Perhaps by the next trip I'll replace the living room tv with one that has good tuner .
Old 04-17-2017, 01:23 PM   #27

THOR #5313
We go on 7th of May. Is nice there, we go every couple months. Dog love the 300 loop. Trails End is excellent and a good value.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:19 PM   #28

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #4486
Just stayed at Fort Wilderness for two weeks

Stayed in the 1400 loop for two weeks late March, early April. We moved from 1409 to 1411 after the second night cause some sites are closer to each other than others. The 1400 loop are premium sites. One of the "gotcha's" is having to rent a golf cart for $62 a day to get around. Depending on where your site is, getting around can be challenging if your ability to walk is limited plus you cannot park a car anywhere other than the front of the campground and that lot can get full quickly. The campground is very well maintained and the wifi worked great even for streaming. Is it worth $150 a night? Having access to all the Disney transportation is a big plus. We visited Epcot and Hollywood two separate days and both parks were packed with people. The wait times at Hollywood for some rides was up to 2 hours. Another Disney park must be in the works as the existing ones must be exceeding capacity. I hear the same issue exists at Universal but they might be land locked like there are at Disney Land.
2015 Ford Taurus toad
schreinertms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:40 PM   #29

THOR #5313
Timing is everything at WDW. March is spring break and price/crowds reflect that. We are careful of picking times to go. Numerous apps for projected crowds.
Highest I have paid is 91 with dog charge. We like 300 premium loop. Easy walk to boat for MK or bus to other end. We may take bikes next trip and never rent cart.
My Disney app is synced with everything we do. Reservations, passes, fast passes and dining.
Information age simplifies a lot.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:54 PM   #30

THOR #6026
You guys convinced me and now we are going to the rv park May 21 -24. Pigeon Forge May 8th and 9th. Canceled OF for this week days to weather concerns.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:02 PM   #31

THOR #6026
We love getting reservations at California Grill at the Contemporary and you can see the fireworks from the walkways.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:04 PM   #32

THOR #6026
Is the Disney vacation club worth it? Has anyone bought one online and registered it? It is just the two of us and we are both retired .
Old 04-17-2017, 06:47 PM   #33

THOR #5374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggs View Post
Timing is everything at WDW. March is spring break and price/crowds reflect that. We are careful of picking times to go. Numerous apps for projected crowds.
Highest I have paid is 91 with dog charge. We like 300 premium loop. Easy walk to boat for MK or bus to other end. We may take bikes next trip and never rent cart.
My Disney app is synced with everything we do. Reservations, passes, fast passes and dining.
Information age simplifies a lot.
It looks like we have picked a good week by default . If I can believe what I read it should not be too crowded the days that we are there but the Memorial Day Weekend crowds will be coming in the day we leave.
Rhonda are you going to be there the same week ? I see the you are in Raleigh , we are in Mebane so we are almost neighbors

Pete
Old 04-17-2017, 07:32 PM   #34

THOR #6026
Pete, we plan to drive down Sun. May 21st and heading back Wed. It will be our first time in Disney rv park.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:01 PM   #35

THOR #5374
We will be leaving the same morning, run down to Brunswick Ga for an overnight at the local Walmart and then off to Disney the following morning.

What kind of Thor product are you driving ?
Old 04-17-2017, 10:04 PM   #36

THOR #6026
We have a freedom elite fe22.
We make it in one day from Raleigh. My husband loves to wake up before the crack of dawn.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:12 PM   #37

THOR #5374
Yeah we used to do it in one day when traveling by car. now we prefer to pull in to disney at lunchtime after the 3.5 hour trip in from Brunswick Ga .

Anyway its great to arrive regardless of how many days you take to get there !

As for DVC we love it and there are some nice perks . You can use DVC points for Fort Wilderness too .
Old 05-01-2017, 07:24 PM   #38

THOR #6026
We just bought dvc for Vero beach. We only did the 50 points at 110 a point, since the rv park is only 8 points a night. We would have bought a resale for 2k, but you can't put 6 adults on the deed unless you buy from Disney. Now our whole family can use the lower ticket prices and I don't have buy Christmas or bday gifts for the next 5 years. Can't wait to see the rv resort. Thank you so much for the feedback.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:58 PM   #39

THOR #5374
I guess you can't say saving money and Disney in the same sentence but you will do better as DVC members.
Savings on annual passes ,discounts on meals , Disney swag every little bit helps .
Besides it's a nice clean , well maintained fun place.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:54 PM   #40

Brand: Still Looking
Model: S.O.B.
State: Delaware
THOR #2181
If you bought DVC just for the chance in using it for a campsite good luck, it is very hard to do that, yes possible but very hard with such a low limit of sites for DVC. Good luck and hope you get a site