Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2019, 12:04 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
They will get their money either way. On my trip to the Wakarusa Amusement Park, we traveled a small stretch through I think Indy with tolls. No booths and no front tag required on MH. I knew they would bill me but wondered how good of pics they could get of a huge box at 65MPH. The photos that came with the bill showed my daughter sitting in the front seat reading a map. The pic of the rear tag was so clear you could make out the details. I think you just purchase what seems to fit. If it isn't covered in an area you travel, they will send you a bill you can pay with your phone.

Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:46 PM   #22
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
They could see all of the dead bug carcasses on the windshield, and the speeding tickets that you threw up onto the top of the Dash...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:53 PM   #23

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
I remember a story a few years back...a man got a "red light violation" ticket in the mail for a car registered in his name. The pictures actually showed another man driving his car...with his wife's head..."in the man's lap" (maybe she was taking a nap)!! Cameras are dangerous...someone is always watching everything you do. Here it ATL this past week a guy hit and killed a kid with his car...and fled the scene. A piece of his bumper broke off during the accident. They researched traffic cams a few blocks around the area and found pics of his car..and tag. Straight to his house they went. End of that story. If you drive anywhere today...you are being tracked.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:02 PM   #24
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I'd let the Wife pay that ticket: she obviously was a "distracting influence" on the driver...
Old 02-07-2019, 02:22 PM   #25

Model: 2013 31L
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
.....The "toad" or any other trailer will be automatically charged by axles. .....
ok, so the next time I'm on a toll road, I'll look for an rv with an ezpass in the windshield...then at the toll station, I'll snuggle in nice and close in his draft. Maybe they'll count me as a TOAD on his account.

yeah....I'd never do that, but can imagine some folks trying it!
Old 02-07-2019, 02:28 PM   #26
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I do like the way that you think!
Let us know if it works...
Good luck!
Old 02-07-2019, 11:28 PM   #27

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Faraday bag! I love it. Thought I was the only one with one of them!!
Old 02-08-2019, 01:04 AM   #28
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
NBope, I have one for my Toad's transponder. Florida's Sunpass will send one to you at no cost.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 08:23 PM   #29

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Alabama
THOR #3721
I have sunpass but I have all my vehicles including my RV listed. I just go to my account and drop the old and add the new.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:16 PM   #30

THOR #13708
Ezpass

Just call them and they will take care of you. I use to have a 5th wheel now I have a class A just call and tell them what you are changing to they will send you new devices and you return the old ones after you get the new ones.
Old 02-17-2019, 02:09 PM   #31
Cpd

State: New Hampshire
THOR #14097
Also no good in co, ca and a few others. They were supposed to make it universal a few years ago but didn't happen. We've had to pay penalties because the bills arrived after due dates...not a great system
Old 02-17-2019, 02:35 PM   #32

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
THOR #6280
I have been using EZ Pass for years. I took it from my wifes car every road trip over the last 2 years in the RV and have never had an issue. Simply went on the web site and added the plate and vehicle/truck type. I really haven't noticed any hefty extra charges. Perhaps it makes a difference what info you put it?

Like: Ford 2 axle 22,000 lb Truck vs. RV Ford 22,000 lb vs.

Not sure but one thing I am sure of is the transponder matches the signal to the plate and not the signal to the plate to the vehicle. So you could in fact take the transponder and plate to any vehicle with two axles or two axles pulling a trailer with the same result. I also used my wifes transponder for a year in the RV without adding the RV plate and you know what happened? Nothing. Just normal billing.

I also took my pickup from Indiana to Wisconsin a few times in a week and forgot to put the transponder in it. Month or two later I get like $300 worth of tickets in the mail. I wrote them with my transponder info and they purged all of it and I had to pay nothing.....:-)
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 02:39 PM   #33

THOR #6280
I also know your EZ Pass works in ANY two axle vehicle weather or not it is registered to its license plate. I know because we have done it without any problem. In rental cars, riding with friends or family in their car with our transponder ect...If you roll through an EZ Pass and have a transponder it passes you without incident. No ticket arrives and it makes the deduction for travel from you account in the normal fashion.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
Old 02-17-2019, 03:38 PM   #34

Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Arkansas
THOR #13770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
I can't remember a time in the last 35 yrs or so when I didn't have 2 or 3 (ok, maybe 5 or 6...)
Old 02-17-2019, 03:51 PM   #35

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Alabama
THOR #3721
I am surprised they did not honor your pass. A cousin works for SunPass and is pretty high up. He told us a while back that SunPass works in any state but Connecticut. There are different names for passes, but he said they all work off of Florida computers. I would call and challenge. They are usually very easy to work with.
Old 02-17-2019, 03:56 PM   #36
Cpd

THOR #14097
Quote:
Originally Posted by f troop 8th cav View Post
I am surprised they did not honor your pass. A cousin works for SunPass and is pretty high up. He told us a while back that SunPass works in any state but Connecticut. There are different names for passes, but he said they all work off of Florida computers. I would call and challenge. They are usually very easy to work with.
Mine is an ez ( or not) pass. Doesnt work out west. Haven't tried in Florida yet
Old 02-17-2019, 03:58 PM   #37

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
THOR #9701
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRob View Post
In past years I traveled with a trailer, using the EZ Pass for my vehicle. Now I have a Vegas. My question is, can I transfer that EZ Pass to the RV, or do I need to purchase one specifically for the motorhome?
Just love all the questions and information you all provide, thank you all!

Being from Michigan and not having any Toll Roads here. What would be our best option to get a transponder for our adventure in the near future and from which provider? We plan on traveling extensively around the lower 48 starting next fall.
Old 02-17-2019, 04:23 PM   #38
Cpd

THOR #14097
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichFigs View Post

Being from Michigan and not having any Toll Roads here. What would be our best option to get a transponder for our adventure in the near future and from which provider? We plan on traveling extensively around the lower 48 starting next fall.
They are available at a lot of rest areas
Old 02-17-2019, 07:38 PM   #39

THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichFigs View Post

Hey have you guys been up to Silver Lake in Michigan? Thinking of going there in the spring and would like to know if you have been and what you thought.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:46 PM   #40

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
THOR #9701
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
Hey have you guys been up to Silver Lake in Michigan? Thinking of going there in the spring and would like to know if you have been and what you thought.
Which Silver Lake? Just outside of Traverse City, near Interlochen off 31? Wondering if you are asking about the "Holiday Park Campground"?