Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2019, 10:25 PM   #61
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Congratulations on the start of your next great adventure!
So... what are you waiting for?

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 11:52 PM   #62

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #17050
Smile

Believe it or not we are waiting to acclimate our 6 year old cat to the rv life. Going to sleep out in the rv with him under our rv port which has full hook-ups. Then take him on a ride in it to a close campground. Going to take it a little slow so he will learn to enjoy it...hopefully!
Old 10-31-2019, 12:07 AM   #63
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
that's a smart plan...
Old 10-31-2019, 07:52 PM   #64

Model: 2015 ACE 30.2
THOR #1287
Food and Wine Festival at Epcot

Bob
During your Fort Wilderness stay Epcot will be hosting their annual Food and Wine Festival. That's one of our favorite things, eating little dishes from booths representing differnt national cuisines. I do't do the Wine (or Beers of the world) but my grown up kids enjoy the different alcohol options as well as the food. My DH and I go every other weekend from the weekend after Labor Day thru Veterans Day weekend, taking turns between Ft Wilderness and our Disney Timeshare at the Beach Club, walking distance to Epcot. Have a blast.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:05 PM   #65

Model: S.O.B.
THOR #14543
Cool

Heading to Fort Wilderness and Epcot the day after tomorrow. Celebrating my 23rd birthday. Again.
Popfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:27 PM   #66

THOR #1287
Have a great Birthday at Disney

We believe in conservation of age in the universe. Therefore, since I "don't look a day over 30" my DH gets two years added to his age every year. He is now older than dirt!!!!!
Old 10-31-2019, 09:53 PM   #67

THOR #14543
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrrV View Post
We believe in conservation of age in the universe. Therefore, since I "don't look a day over 30" my DH gets two years added to his age every year. He is now older than dirt!!!!!
Ahhhh, but I invented dirt !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Old biker.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	21193  
Old 11-01-2019, 03:55 PM   #68

Brand: Crossroads
State: Indiana
THOR #105
ConnieB, I have to ask what site you were in? We're there every year in January & don't see issues like you described.
Old 11-01-2019, 04:18 PM   #69
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrrV View Post
Bob
During your Fort Wilderness stay Epcot will be hosting their annual Food and Wine Festival. That's one of our favorite things, eating little dishes from booths representing differnt national cuisines. I do't do the Wine (or Beers of the world) but my grown up kids enjoy the different alcohol options as well as the food. My DH and I go every other weekend from the weekend after Labor Day thru Veterans Day weekend, taking turns between Ft Wilderness and our Disney Timeshare at the Beach Club, walking distance to Epcot. Have a blast.
Thanks for the info: Food and wine are two of my favorite things!
Old 11-01-2019, 06:23 PM   #70

THOR #14543
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodcarvingGypsy View Post
ConnieB, I have to ask what site you were in? We're there every year in January & don't see issues like you described.
Must have been there several years ago. All sites have had cable TV for many years. Every time we have camped there, a cast member shows up within an hour after a site is vacated. They use a blower to clean the coquina off the paved area, rake out the unpaved area, clean out the barbecue grill, and hose down the paved area. If the previous occupant has drawn with chalk on the paving, they scrub and hose that off. All trash is removed. I have never had a dirty site on our arrival in many stays.

Many of the sites other than the tent/popup sites have been extended by adding more paving at the rear of the original paving. They say they can accommodate rigs up to 60'.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:59 PM   #71
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Yup!
We used to like to stay over at Fort Wilderness Lodge, and spent a lot of time walking over to the campgrounds. The only campsites that looked dirty; were the ones that were occupied...
Old 11-08-2019, 05:43 PM   #72

Model: 2017 Compass 23TR
THOR #9752
After reading the posts about WDW and Fort Wilderness, I decided to give it a try (not expecting to be able to reserve a space) and much to my surprise was able to book the dates I wanted in mid December. Only space that showed up to reserve was a premium space but that will be fine for just a couple of days.

Paul
Old 11-08-2019, 05:49 PM   #73
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Congratulations! You won't be disappointed!
Take lots of pictures for the rest of us...
Old 11-08-2019, 05:55 PM   #74

Model: 2017 Compass 23TR
THOR #9752
Already booked dinner at the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue the first night and at the Biergarten at Epcot the next day. That should take care of the food requirements!

Paul
Old 11-08-2019, 06:55 PM   #75
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
And the "Bier", as well...
Old 11-09-2019, 09:08 PM   #76

THOR #1287
In Dec (well after Nov 23rd)

Disney sets up festival booths around the World Showcase in Epcot. Great eats and drinks. Our big treat is the Candlelight Procession. We buy the dinner package for reserved seats. Family tradition for the last 20 years. My grandson's choir sings in it on Dec 9th so I'll be in the audience.
If you have a car with you, or are good at riding the Disney buses take a stop at the Disney hotels all decked out for Christmas--Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge, and Grand Floridian are my favorites. And the gingerbread recipe is different for each resort.....if you like gingerbread cookies.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:42 PM   #77
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
Believe it or not we are waiting to acclimate our 6 year old cat to the rv life. Going to sleep out in the rv with him under our rv port which has full hook-ups. Then take him on a ride in it to a close campground. Going to take it a little slow so he will learn to enjoy it...hopefully!
We have always traveled with our cats...KC is 5 and began traveling when he was a kitten...Tigger before him was well traveled and both love laying in the 'fishbowl' when parked so they can view everyone walking by...

KC has been our most challenging fella..when young he had anxiety about everything. Ron got him a 'jacket'...an amazing device which totally relaxes the little guy. Now...when we travel...he knows we are getting ready to leave..Ron picks him up and carries him out the his BIG BOX and he settles in. KC noodles in under a blanket in the bedroom for his road trip...when we arrive at the site...we must lower the bunk as that is his 'room' !
In addition..I would say the biggest challenge is exercise..KC is an indoor cat...he loves to run the house at night..crazy...and he tries to do the same in the motorhome...it is comical how he has to get that exercise in !!
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:00 PM   #78
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popfla View Post
Heading to Fort Wilderness and Epcot the day after tomorrow. Celebrating my 23rd birthday. Again.
We have not stayed at Disney Wilderness...I suppose, mainly because our family is in Lakeland...and we make at least one trip to Disney while visiting for one thing or another. When the boys were young..they would visit Disney on the first night the Christmas Extravaganza opened...they have many wonderful memories...
Regarding cost of camping...
we all have so many options...and we do whatever makes us happy.
We have stayed in a few more pricey locations...most recently at Myrtle Beach KOA..at $70+ a night.
Some of the FamCamps look interesting...don't think Ron qualifies for this privilege.
When we head to FL soon...we will stay 4 nights at Carabelle Beach because we love it there...then to Cedar Key for the same reason...then on to Lakeland where we stay at Sanlan...a nice spacious campground.

JUST ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN !!
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:03 PM   #79

THOR #14543
We just got back yesterday from a week at Fort Wilderness. We caught the very end of Halloween decorations and the beginning of Christmas. In the parks, they were just beginning to set up for Christmas.

Although we had our toad with us, we rented a golf cart for use around the campground. The furbabies enjoyed touring the grounds on the cart. For the parks, we relied on the Disney buses, which were generally good with the exception of a couple of less-than-Disney-quality drivers who apparently didn't like having to operate the ramp for my wife to use with her walker.

The only real negative this trip was noise from the construction site at the old River Country water park, where a new resort is being built. Noise started around 7am.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:54 PM   #80

Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
We just talked with are friends and we might do for wilderness in January or February 2021

My concern is weather driving to Florida from southern California

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote