Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-10-2016, 02:42 PM   #1
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Greystone in Pinnacle NC

Has anyone stayed at Greystone RVPark in Pinnacle, NC? We have reservations for the Memorial Day weekend and are wondering if anyone has been there. They have some very decent reviews on campgroundreviews.com.

I know they are a small park with only 10 sites and do not have a pool or cable.

2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:24 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Has anyone stayed at Greystone RVPark in Pinnacle, NC? We have reservations for the Memorial Day weekend and are wondering if anyone has been there. They have some very decent reviews on campgroundreviews.com.

I know they are a small park with only 10 sites and do not have a pool or cable.
Never been, sorry.... but
Say Hey to Andy and Barney for me while you're there!
Old 05-10-2016, 07:44 PM   #3
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
Never been, sorry.... but
Say Hey to Andy and Barney for me while you're there!
When we were in Mount Airy last year we tried getting a pork chop sandwich at Snappy Lunch but they were sold out.

We were at a FMCA rally in Linwood, NC and drove up to Mt Airy for a day trip.
FMCA - F432054
Old 06-15-2016, 08:25 AM   #4

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Synergy TT24
State: West Virginia
THOR #3433
I apologize for the late post and I hope the stay at Greystone was a good one. We overnighted there in March and really didn't get to see that much. Each site has some view of Pilot Mtn. and the campground is relatively new with much needed plans for expansion. The owner's are really nice and even helped me hook up in the dark.

We may use the campground again when travelling through but those 10 sites seem to stay booked.

Enjoy the journey...
KC8RXQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 01:02 PM   #5
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC8RXQ View Post
I apologize for the late post and I hope the stay at Greystone was a good one. We overnighted there in March and really didn't get to see that much. Each site has some view of Pilot Mtn. and the campground is relatively new with much needed plans for expansion. The owner's are really nice and even helped me hook up in the dark.

We may use the campground again when travelling through but those 10 sites seem to stay booked.

Enjoy the journey...
No apology necessary.

We enjoyed our stay at Greystone and the owners are very attentive to the folks staying at their campground. We did have an issue our second to last day there when the water hydrant at our site developed a water leak below ground while we were out late and they shut off our water while we were gone. The owner sent my wife a text message letting us know before we returned so we were aware of the issue and I had about 25 gallons of water in my fresh tank. The following morning we had to move over one site so they could bring in their bucket loader and not risk hitting the side of our coach. As a result of the move our last night was refunded.

One reason they remain full is the campground at the state park refers big rigs to Greystone. At 38 feet we were the baby motor coach at the site except for a class B that, although they reserved the entire weekend, only stayed for an 8 hour sleepover. The owners were able to backfill the site for the Memorial Day weekend due to their standby list.

I posted some pics on the camping pics thread during the stay.
FMCA - F432054