Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2018, 04:49 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurticane 34J
State: Massachusetts
THOR #1987
I84 from Massachusetts to Pennsylvania

Hi all. We’re going to Hershey Park this summer and wanted to get opinions on I84 from Mass thru PA. This is our second trip to Hershey Park and the Hershey Park Campground. Highly recommend if you’ve never been. Great park. We live on Cape Cod and will be traveling in a group of 3 travel trailers and our MH. Last time we went we took 95 to 287 over the Tappen Zee then 78 into PA and Hershey. NY city traffic and 95 in CT near NY is always a nightmare, and we’ll be traveling around the 4th of July week so even more traffic. This trip we’re thinking of taking I84 from Mass all the way to I81 in PA and into Hershey. It’s a longer trip and time on paper, but hoping less traffic will make up for it. I hear Danbury CT is bad during rush hour, but we hope to be going through Danbury around 11:00 am on a Friday. Any insight into I84 would be much appreciated. Thanks

Old 03-08-2018, 01:30 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5374
We did this run in September last year and found 84 to be a much better way to avoid NYC.
84 through Connecticut ( Waterbury area) has construction going on and can be congested during peak commuting hours , Danbury was not an issue .
Other than that the trip was a breeze , nice scenery along the way as well.