Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2017, 10:54 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.1
State: California
THOR #3016
You're going to like East Shore. I spent 3 weeks there in the Spring while my house in Azusa was being prepped to sell. I was still working at the time, also in Azusa, and it was an easy drive in and out of the park.

I remember coming back one day after a long day at school, and the guy (I think he was a work camper) at the kiosk smiled, waved at me, and said, "Welcome home." I cried.

There are lots of long-term residents there, and the park is well-kept. Busy on the weekends, but quiet during the week.

Enjoy your time out here. Hopefully the weather won't be too hot.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:57 PM   #22

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
THOR #5821
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneroe View Post
Laco, I reserved a spot in East Shore today, so we are good to go. I am towing my car. My other two sons are driving there from Salt Lake City and Alamogordo, NM, and plan to stay in the RV with us, so we will actually have three cars. The site is 70 feet long, they said we should be able to park all three cars OK. They said if it is too cramped, they will find some other arrangements for the boys' cars.

I absolutely "love" autocorrect. It changed your name to Lao and it took me four tries to get "cramped" accepted and each time it gave a different word. ��
Glad you got your reservations in. They can get kind of full, especially around holiday time. As I said we live only a few miles from there, if when you get there, look north toward the mountains at about 11 O-clock and you will be looking over our house to the mountains. We are less than a mile from the base of the foothills. If you need any info about the area, feel free to ask. I agree autocorrect can be a real PITA, I fight with it constantly, but need it a lot too. Long story as to why I use Laco as my forum handle, but use it on several.
Old 11-30-2017, 04:30 AM   #23

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Thanks for the suggestion to use East Shore in San Dimas. We got here this afternoon, it is very nice. Very crowded, but that's OK.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 05:05 AM   #24

THOR #3016
Just so you can orient yourselves, the mountains are to the NORTH out there. And Foothill Blvd. is a main drag that runs E-W. If you go west on Foothill to Lone Hill, take that south, you’ll find a WalMart on the east side of Lone Hill, and a nice fast-food Mexican restaurant called Cafe Rio in the same shopping center. If you want to experience small-town ambiance, check out “the Village” in Claremont. Walter’s restaurant is great, and there’s a super ice cream shop also called Burt & Rocky’s. They make their ice cream on site.

If you need anything RV-related there’s a place in Irwindale called Benlo. They’re probably one of the best repair shops in the area — very fair with tremendous integrity.

Enjoy your time in the east San Gabriel Valley. It’s nice out there!
Old 11-30-2017, 05:22 AM   #25

THOR #8503
Thanks for the good info, Jedsmom. We are here for our son's wedding. Don't know how much free time we will have this trip out.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
Old 11-30-2017, 05:31 AM   #26

THOR #3016
Enjoy your weekend and your son’s wedding. It’s a pretty time to be in the area. And Westminster Pres. is a beautiful church.
Old 11-30-2017, 05:48 AM   #27

THOR #8503
Thanks. Wish we had longer, but we have to be in Alamogordo, NM neat week for a few days, then back home to get ready for the kids coming home for Christmas. It's always tough when we visit here this time of the year to go back to Illinois and the wintertime weather.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
Old 11-30-2017, 12:56 PM   #28

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
THOR #5821
Welcome to SoCal. We are having a patch of great weather for you, which should last for your stay here. If you need any info about the area, please contact me, we are only a few miles from where you are staying.
Old 11-30-2017, 01:53 PM   #29

THOR #8503
Thanks, Laco. We are glad to be here, had a great trip out. Camped two nights in OK, two in NM, and one in AZ on the way out. Weather was great the entire trip and the traffic wasn't bad here when we came in yesterday; busy but steadily moving. My son asked, "Do you mind driving this thing in heavy traffic?" I said, "Nope, but the people around me might." 😁
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704