Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2018, 10:31 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #6026
Pidgeon forge favorite camp grounds and why. So far we selected pine mountain and KO

Also would like feed back for a campground near NC zoo.

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-10-2018, 03:19 PM   #2

Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Louisiana
THOR #4843
Not saying our favorite - but we have stayed at Twin Creek in Gatlinburg (close to park, easy on off trolly, Grocery across street, quiet)
Also stayed recently at Camp Rivers Landing in Pigeon Forge - Just renovated pool, showers, laundry. Very nice people.) There are several "nicer" parks in the area. This park is at the southern edge near parkway to Gatlinburg. Easy trolley access in park. Inexpensive. Near everything.

Hope this helps
Old 10-10-2018, 03:59 PM   #3

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Anchors Down is THE best place I’ve ever stayed. It is my current standard against which all other places are judged.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:49 PM   #4

Model: 2016 Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #12340
We stayed 3 nights at Twin Creek just last month. Very nice place. Quiet. At a trolley stop so very convenient.
Old 10-26-2018, 04:13 PM   #5

State: North Carolina
THOR #6026
Thanks, we plan on trying each one, as we like to go 6x a year, at least.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:31 PM   #6

Model: Miramar
State: Tennessee
THOR #12286
Pine Mountain said NO

I live a couple of blocks from the Pine Mountain Campground. The place looks nice.

When I got back from my last trip, I needed to empty my black tank. Pine Mountain would not let me empty unless I rented a spot for the night. Clabough's campground on Wears Valley road had no problem and only charged me $5.00. I did not try KOA as they are on the other side of the Parkway.

MiramarTN
MiramarTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 04:39 PM   #7

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiramarTN View Post
I live a couple of blocks from the Pine Mountain Campground. The place looks nice.

When I got back from my last trip, I needed to empty my black tank. Pine Mountain would not let me empty unless I rented a spot for the night. Clabough's campground on Wears Valley road had no problem and only charged me $5.00. I did not try KOA as they are on the other side of the Parkway.
We stayed 2 days at Clabough's this summer. It was nice. Friendly people, friendly staff.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 11:51 PM   #8

Model: 26HE
State: Alabama
THOR #12744
We chose to stay at Up The Creek RV Camp because we drove by it many times while renting cabins in the area. It's only about five minutes away from the main strip in Pigeon Forge but far enough away to avoid the crowds completely if desired. We like to take Wears Valley Road south. Lots of family-owned restaurants and general stores on the way to the park.

It's a small campground. Around 55 spots and spaces are big. Two creeks on both sides that have a steady flow. Very nice landscaping with trees and shrubs to make each space more private.

View from the window. The next site is about 20-25 feet away. The sound from the creeks knocks me out in minutes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 6.29.41 PM.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	275.6 KB
ID:	14806