Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2018, 05:34 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 29.4
State: Florida
THOR #7894
Rv parks in Arizona & New Mexico

Can anyone recommend a nice park in Arizona my husband and I are planning to winter between there and New Mexico. Is it wise to book ahead or take a chance on getting spaces.

Old 09-13-2018, 05:37 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandieannh View Post
Can anyone recommend a nice park in Arizona my husband and I are planning to winter between there and New Mexico. Is it wise to book ahead or take a chance on getting spaces.

We recently workamped at Valle Del Oro in Mesa, AZ. It has a lot of sites but a lot to do and is surrounded by a lot of other parks. I would recommend it. Good people and lots of activities.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:34 PM   #3

Model: 29.4
State: Florida
THOR #7894
Thank you so much
Old 09-13-2018, 10:21 PM   #4

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmihalk View Post
We recently workamped at Valle Del Oro in Mesa, AZ. It has a lot of sites but a lot to do and is surrounded by a lot of other parks. I would recommend it. Good people and lots of activities.
Don't take a chance. In Dec 2002 I moved to Yuma, Az. for a couple of months and I was darn lucky to get a mobile home to rent because all the snow birds were there. I've seen where folks would rent out whole pastures to however many it could take. And the parties going on with 4 wheelers? Impressive to watch. Many, many vacationers there though. Going north of there, most of the RV parks were still full about April so you better get reservations.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:52 AM   #5

Model: Four Winds 31E (2019)
State: California
THOR #12270
well i DONT recommend Payson Campground & RV Resort!

in our pull though slot it was narrow. even with the rig all the way parked on one side with the slide technically going over our spot's line, there was only about 4-5 feet on the other. not enough room to even extend the awning all the way. it was full hookups but only for a 5th wheel. i say that because it's a lot higher. on my 31E the sewer was 3" higher than my discharge, the 30A didnt work (i had to use my 50A to 30A adapter.) oh and the water pressure was only ~40 PSI; not enough for the hot water heater to work.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:32 PM   #6

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Bob Wells of the Cheap RV Living website did a series of videos on YouTube about the NM state parks. You might want to check it out.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote