Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2019, 04:50 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 35 M
State: New York
THOR #6832
San Diego to ny

Traveling tomorrow. Looking to get back home as quick and safe as possible. 35 ft Class A towing. Was told about a route through Globe and Holbrook. Sounds like a lot of mtns. Saves an hour or two. Any suggestions on a good route. Thanks in advance

Old 03-31-2019, 05:12 PM   #2

Model: Aria - 3901
State: Michigan
THOR #14654
Depending on how quickly you looking to get there - last summer we left San Diego to get back to Michigan and decided to take I-8 then picked up I-10 to I-25 then finally I-40 in Albuerque . . . . There were still some mountains - no way to avoid, but nothing too tough - hope this helps
Old 04-01-2019, 12:19 AM   #3

Model: Miramar 34.2
State: New York
THOR #3584
We just did this at the end of February, San Diego to the Hudson Valley New York.
We took 8 to 10 then in Texas we took 20 East, then in Mississippi/Alabama we continued on 20 all the way to South Carolina where we picked up I 95 heading north. There were no mountains at all, easy driving. We did this with a class a towing a Dodge Ram
Safe driving.
Old 04-02-2019, 03:02 AM   #4

Model: Chateau 24FS
State: New Mexico
THOR #12181
Globe to Holbrook is a great road. But, It is very twisty and in the mountains. This time of year you may even see snow. I think you would be better off taking I-10 east. Which is boring and possibly windy but trouble free. Hwy 87 northeast from Phoenix to Payson and Holbrook is still mountainous but much easier route in a motorhome. Snow possible in a few spots but the weather outlook is good next couple days. Good luck