Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2019, 11:25 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 35 M
State: New York
THOR #6832
Trip got wintered Denver Zion.

Was leaving NY for Denver and Zion Arches until I got word on this early weather coming. So instead of taking 80 we went south 81. Now in Penn thinking about rt 40w . Maybe coming north to Zion if storm clears. Any advice from my friends here. Thanks we are in Harrisburg Penn tonight off of 81. Crazy thought we had weeks left.

Old 10-11-2019, 05:06 PM   #2

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary d View Post
Was leaving NY for Denver and Zion Arches until I got word on this early weather coming. So instead of taking 80 we went south 81. Now in Penn thinking about rt 40w . Maybe coming north to Zion if storm clears. Any advice from my friends here. Thanks we are in Harrisburg Penn tonight off of 81. Crazy thought we had weeks left.
Storm has passed in Denver but it’s headed East. Looks like it’s rain now between Dallas and Chicago.

Going to be in the 60’s for the weekend and roads are clear over the 70. The inch or so we got in Denver will melt off today. Nothing on the horizon until a week from Sunday. However you need to keep your eye on the weather as forecasts in Colorado have a 4 hour life. Things can change quickly, but usually major changes are predicable, but maybe not so good on how much.

There will be snow on the ground at elevation, but not a lot. Zion is around 3000ft so I suspect there won’t be any at the valley bottom. You need to check with the rangers. Arches is unlikely to have any snow.

This is the time of year where you need to be flexible and be prepared to hunker down for a day or two if the weather turns on you.
Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain
RVi Brake 3
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 06:37 PM   #3

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
We use a live radar app called
Radarnow.
During our two jaunts last year into two bad weather and hurricane fronts, we often moved as little as 15 miles and as much as 3 states to avoid weather.

Take the forty, stop at:
Painted desert, petrified forest and go up through the reservation, Mexican hat, monument valley to moab, then head to Zion.

Or
40 to grand canyon, through Page AZ and then to Zion.
Weather is good in Northern AZ right now.