Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2018, 12:49 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Ace 30.1
State: Iowa
THOR #821
2013 ACE rattle in wall

My 2013 ACE has a rattle in the forward wall of the driver's side slideout. It sounds like something is hanging and swinging inside the wall. Does anyone know how to look inside the wall of the slideout?
Has anyone experienced this problem?

Fuzzy

Old 07-30-2018, 02:12 AM   #2

Model: ACE 30.1
State: New York
THOR #10579
Interesting, I just noticed a similar problem in my 2014 30.1, I thought maybe something in the overhead bin was knocking so I moved things around. Haven't taken it out again so don't know if that was it. Will have to watch this thread to see if anyone has an idea.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:59 PM   #3

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
My 2013 ACE has a rattle in the forward wall of the driver's side slideout. It sounds like something is hanging and swinging inside the wall. Does anyone know how to look inside the wall of the slideout?

Fuzzy
Could it be the slide actually bouncing in and out? Make sure you hold the slide button till the motor kicks out or if you have a slide lock, place it in that corner and take it for a drive. What scares the crap out of me with slide locks is if you forgot you put them in but for a test might be worth it. I have noticed sometimes the top of my slide will tip out.
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:00 AM   #4

Model: Thor Ace 30.1
State: Iowa
THOR #821
Thanks, I will see if I can locate a slide lock and try it.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:32 PM   #5

Model: Windsport 29M
THOR #11919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post

Fuzzy

I have the same thing on my 2018 Windsport 29m. Sounds like something swinging and knocking inside the slide wall. Looked all over but couldn’t see a cause but guessing it’s a wire, cable or something swinging and hitting the slide wall given there are lights, outlets etc. in the slide, unless it a slide motor wire. RV going in Monday for warranty work, going to add that to the list, very annoying noise.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:53 AM   #6

THOR #8264
Check your slide topper. That was one of the noises I had. It was hitting the side. Also try raising your overhead bed and drop it back onto the safety pins, sometimes mine will make a similar sound and that seems to stop it.
Old 01-19-2020, 11:14 PM   #7

Model: Hurican 34P
State: Maryland
THOR #17588
Did you ever find out what this is.... I have the same thing on a 2018 Hurricane. Sounds like wires or cable swinging in the wall.
Old 01-20-2020, 02:58 AM   #8

THOR #11919
No definitive root cause. Still comes and goes. Dealer thinks it’s the molding/trim of the slide creaking and groaning as the RV moves, I’m not convinced.
I have noticed sometimes the slide extends a very small amount driving down the road (fractions of an inch). When that happens I sometimes think the noise is noticeable but haven’t proved it.
Bottom line, something associated with the slide is making the noise but not fully understood.

Tags
ace, rattle in wall