Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-19-2014, 10:57 PM   #1
RTG

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #760
2014 windsport 27k

my husband & i picked up our 2014 windsport 27k last night. it is so beautiful ! we had the rear and front roadmaster sway controls installed before we picked it up and handled and drove so very nice . we parked it at our sons house after completing our 2 hour tour of the motor home . today we went to start packing it up . i started it up and an alarm went off for the automatic leveling system . the error read " timeout retract take in for service". we looked under the coach and something is leaking. i called the service dept and left a message but being a saturday afternoon and a holiday tomorrow no one returned my call. i didnt bother to level it last night after parking it so the jacks are up . has anyone had this happen ? is it an easy sounding fix ?
thanks for any help !

Old 04-20-2014, 04:09 AM   #2

Model: Four Winds Siesta 24SA
State: South Carolina
THOR #762
Is your leveling system hydraulic or electric? If it is hydraulic you need to stick your finger in the leak and see if it is oil. If it is you have a hydraulic leak in your self leveling system. It is more likely to be a loose fitting on the pump, on one of the valves or on one of the jacks. It should be a fairly easy fix, just finding the loose fitting and tightening it.
Harry
Old 05-30-2015, 11:12 PM   #3

Model: Windsport 34F
State: Florida
THOR #1942
2014 windsport 27k

Our 2015 Windsport 34F started doing this today. Luckily it was at the dealer when it happened. They are going to diagnose and repair on Monday. I'll let everyone know what they find.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:46 PM   #4

THOR #1942
As it turns out the system just needed to be reset. They said sometimes when the batteries get low it will do this after sitting for a long time.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:48 AM   #5

THOR #1942
The way to do the system reset on my 2015 Thor Windsport 34F was to hold down ENTER, Retract and Auto Level buttons at the same time. This triggered the system reset. Just wanted to report this info back.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:43 AM   #6

Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
Not even one day old and already problems needing service - welcome to THOR!
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 12:31 PM   #7

Model: Challenger 35HT
State: Maryland
THOR #1875
I had the same thing happen after we returned from our first camping trip. The technician told me that it is pretty common on new coaches. He said that it is most often caused by there being air bubbles in the hydraulic lines. all it takes is a reset to resolve the problem and after the system is been used several times all of the air will have been expelled from the lines and it should not occur again.
2015 Thor Challenger 35HT
jrben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 01:52 PM   #8

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
I have problems with our automatic levelers because there is a leak at the left front leveler. I have tightened a couple of the hydraulic connections on the leveler but the leak persists. I have to add fluid quite often and the leak is creating a mess under the coach. I also have had to reset the control panel because it senses low pressure when the coach has been sitting with the levelers up. Apparently the leak is on the up pressure side. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 09-06-2015, 02:55 PM   #9
RTG

THOR #760
Our right front jack blew an internal seal and was leaking alot of hydraulic fluid. Its still at the dealers waiting for parts. The extended warranty is covering the repair.
Old 09-06-2015, 05:22 PM   #10

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
Do you know where on the jack the fluid was leaking? It appears that it is leaking from the top on mine.
Old 09-06-2015, 07:42 PM   #11
RTG

THOR #760
neither my son ,husband or service technician could see where it was leaking.