Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2015, 02:35 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Arkansas
THOR #2017
Refrigerator stopped working

The generator ran all trip and when I arrived at park, I attached shore power. I then noticed fridge was not working. No light on front panel. It was on auto, but switching to gas made no difference. Gas is working on stove.

I went outside and removed panel behind unit. The AC/DC converter does not have any lights or indicators. I checked the outlet it is plugged into and it is working. I checked fuses inside and they are fine. Breakers are fine as well.

First day of two week trip. Ugh! No service tomorrow and on road to next destination. Anyone else know of a good service dealer in Knoxville TN? Anything I can check?

Old 06-14-2015, 03:16 AM   #2

Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
If you feel like troubleshooting, there is a process in the manual.

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ncoldnnewnseries.pdf

Another possibility is simply resetting the control board.

Instructions for Resetting a Norcold N611, (borrowed from justanswer.com):

Resetting involves making a jumper wire using a piece of 12v wire, about 4 inches long...
remove the control board cover and you should see a large wiring connector going to it, 16pin connector..
you need to insert one end of this jumper wire into pin 15 on that plug.. should have no wire going to it.. but its the top left, 1 from the end...
touch the other end of the jumper wire to a good ground, best to use the ground connector at the bottom of the board, where your 12v comes in.. make sure it is ground though..
hold the jumper wire there for a while, should hear the board click when it resets...
remove your jumper wire and then let the fridge run and see if it operates normal then...
remember it may take up to 8hours to cool completely if it is not already cool.
best to leave it over night...
if you don't hear a click or you still having problems, then this would mean you have a fault in the board or other problem that will need addressing...
Old 06-14-2015, 10:49 AM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
When I plug in I use the microwave to determine if everything is working: if the "clock" is showing 0:00 then I have power (e.g. Is it lit up). Does your microwave have power? Or any other outlet? Check the breakers by turning them off, then back on.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 12:59 PM   #4

THOR #2017
I have a 10 and a 6-pin plug on logic board. I changed 5 amp fuse to no avail. At this point, getting mobile maintenance may be my next step.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:17 PM   #5

THOR #2017
I bought an VOM and checked my 12VDC into the control board. Nothing! I then called Thor for help with the wiring schematic and they said it came straight from the fuse panel in the dining area. The fuse is good and I checked continuity to make sure. The house batteries are working as the other 12VDC fixtures are working.

Hopefully getting a mobile tech out here on Saturday to figure it out.
Old 06-20-2015, 02:08 AM   #6

THOR #2017
Baker's Mobile RV showed up today and after an hour of trying to figure out why there was no 12VDC to the logic board, he found this.

These wires had not been secured properly and had been rubbing against the back inside tire for some time.

He fixed it and secured the cables, properly. Refrigerator now works and life is back to normal.

Now to fight Thor to get reimbursed.