Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2016, 09:04 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #4919
2015 Siesta Sprinter - 24SR specific Winterizing

Please review and comment. I'll make updates as required.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Winterizing Valve positions.pdf (718.8 KB, 67 views)

Old 11-10-2016, 09:19 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New Hampshire
THOR #5819
Looks right to me.
I'm going to piggy-back on this winterizing thread-- apologies if this has been covered previously. New-to-me Siesta 24SR. Where is the switch to turn off coach batteries? In the same vein, I have access to 120v power where I'm storing her. Should I let the coach's converter keep the house batts charged, or switch off (disconnect) and use a smart charger? I plan to use a smart charger on the chassis battery. I HATE to neglect a battery!
Old 11-10-2016, 09:32 PM   #3

THOR #4919
Piggy away !

The switch is at the base of the lower cabinet, on the left hand side, as you walk in. If you have the assist handle on the same side, it is around where the bottom section bolts into the wall.

I've noticed that calling it a disconnect isn't real accurate, as it sounds like it throws a solenoid. But my interior 12V lights still work.

I have mine in a garage with 120VAC. I have a maintainer on the chassis battery, or is it batteries. To tell you the truth, I haven't even checked. I do have 2 - 12VDC coach batteries and noticed that even if it's not cold out, they were pretty much discharged within a couple of weeks. I plan on just disconnecting them and using a maintainer on them.

I've done the same with my original Class C and then with the 5th wheel I had, before we bought the Siesta. The only difference was that on the 5th wheel I used to pull the battery out at the end of the season. I was just easier with how the battery compartment was configured. I just need to buy another battery maintainer.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:18 PM   #4

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Siesta Sprinter 24ST
State: Florida
THOR #2812
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinek.steve View Post
Piggy away !
I've noticed that calling it a disconnect isn't real accurate, as it sounds like it throws a solenoid. But my interior 12V lights still work.
If you are plugged into shore power the converter powers the lights and 12 volt system. The battery disconnect still works but just the battery is disconnected and will not charge. Unplug and try the lights.. OR disconnect switch on to charge the batteries..
1972 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
Hooligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 11:21 PM   #5

THOR #4919
Ok. I'll take your word for it. I'll still isolate the batteries and put them on a maintainer.
Thanks