Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-26-2015, 12:20 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34F
State: Florida
THOR #1942
2015 Thor Windsport 34F Plumbing Problem

Oh I thought my RV issues were over after my wheel bearing was repaired and we were back on the road. Sigh, boy did I think wrong.

So now... when we drain the washer after it washes, we have water all over the RV floor. And when we take a shower, after the shower, we have water running down floor as well. There is a leak somewhere, that's for sure. So far, from what we can tell, the kitchen sink isn't leaking. So that's good, right?

Last week, while camping before the breakdown, we hooked up to a campground water supply. That night, I forgot to connect my pressure regulator. I'm wondering if the campground PSI was too high and damaged my system. My RV is brand new, how likely is this for just one time forgetting the regulator?

The other possibility is that, when the tow truck towed the RV, something broke in the plumbing? Just not sure.

We're in Maryland now, heading towards Maine, and while inconvenient, this water issue won't delay us any further. When we get to Maine I'll take the rig to an RV dealer and have them diagnose the issue.

Would love to have any technical input or thoughts

Being completely new at this, I've found these forums to be invaluable. I do a lot of reading here, almost daily, and have found some wonderful valuable information. Thank you all so much for participating and contributing. And especially for putting up with newbie RV'ers like myself

S.

Old 07-26-2015, 01:42 PM   #2

Model: Miramar 34.2
State: New York
THOR #1169
You may have 2 leaks since they are coming from both sides of the rv.

Since the leaks only occur when using the shower or washer, then its probably a safe bet that the water lines are ok. Otherwise they would be continuously leaking when connected to the water supply.

For the washer, the drain is probably a flexible pipe which routes under the sofa to get to the grey tank. It could either be damaged or loose. In either case, it would only leak when the washer was emptying. If you deploy the sofa, you should be able to see the flexible plumbing components, including the drain line, for inspection. Another possibility is the washer is faulty.

Regarding the shower, you should make sure the water isn't leaking out past the shower door while showering. If the door is fine, then you can check the shower pan drain.There is a 6"*6" access panel inside the passenger side rear wheel well which provides access to the shower drain piping. It is tight a fit, but you can see if there is a leak.

Good luck.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:49 PM   #3

THOR #1942
I really appreciate your response. I so wish I had your knowledge/confidence. I had the sofa removed and replaced with two recliners. They had to build a platform to put the recliners on. We did use the washer since those recliners were put in, without problems. The leak started after our RV was towed, sat at the ford dealer for 8 days, and then we got it back on Friday.

After the shower, there was only a small amount of water running down the floor of the RV. The RV was sitting at an incline last night, with the pointing a bit downward, and I'm thinking the water that I saw after a shower was splash water that came out over the shower door, then trickled down the middle of the floor because the bathroom door was open. It was only me in the RV at the time of my shower, so I didn't have someone outside the bathroom to watch it.

We should get to Maine tonight, and I should be able to get the RV into the shop in Maine. Camping World in Kissimmee, FL installed our washer/dryer brand new for us, and we have used it numerous times without issue, up until after this towing issue. I'm sure once they remove the recliners and open that platform up, they'll be able to see what is going on inside of there and get it fixed. I'm fairly confident it's not a catastrophic issue, just a loose connection or broken item somewhere.

I'll keep everyone updated
Old 07-26-2015, 02:59 PM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivekitties View Post

... Camping World in Kissimmee, FL installed our washer/dryer brand new for us, and we have used it numerous times without issue, up until after this towing issue. I'm sure once they remove the recliners and open that platform up, they'll be able to see what is going on inside of there and get it fixed. I'm fairly confident it's not a catastrophic issue, just a loose connection or broken item somewhere.

I'll keep everyone updated
If I were a betting man, I'd wager on either the washer or drain hose itself not being adequately secured during installation and towing at an angle caused it to shift and pop the drain hose loose.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 01:18 AM   #5

THOR #1942
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
If I were a betting man, I'd wager on either the washer or drain hose itself not being adequately secured during installation and towing at an angle caused it to shift and pop the drain hose loose.
That's my bet, too. I'll be stopping at Camping World tomorrow in Berkeley, MA.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:23 PM   #6

THOR #1942
Arrived in Maine on Monday and got the RV in the shop today. Camping World did not tighten either end of the drain hose on the washer. The RV shop here took apart the furniture, tightened all connections and made sure everything was secure. Cost me 2.5 hours of time but they showed me everything, let me watch and help and taught me things in the process. Very helpful.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:23 PM   #7

Model: Chateau 35SD
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8439
Well it seem we have a small leak behind our washer and dryer in our 35SD. Seems to drip all the time when attached to water or when pump is on. Problem is how to get behind the washer/dryer. Anyone know hot the dryer comes out? Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1519395811.482358.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	359.4 KB
ID:	9113

Thanks in advance,
wenz