Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-25-2018, 02:28 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oregon
Posts: 4
THOR #11073
2016 Thor Outlaw 37LS

Should the power inverter using battery power operate all the outlets?
The only things currently that work off of the inverter are the refrig, (tv, satellite and dvd plugins which are in cabinet above recliner) The general outlets above dining room table, above sofa, in bathroom, outlets above sink, in bedroom, and garage and hall DONOT work unless shore or gen power is on.
Is this normal for this model?

Also, what makes the subwoofer under the dinette bench produce sound? At first there was no light so I checked fuse box, no fuse so I put one in.
There is a light on it, it is plugged in but nothing seems to produce sound from it, tv stereo on dash or stereo in garage...I have turned subwoofer on the dash radio system on, but I have the big speaker taking up room under the bench for nothing at this point.
__________________

__________________
Conrady6243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 02:38 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 9,185
THOR #8860
I'm not familiar with your LS, but the manufacturers do seem to limit access to power; when you're not plugged in.
Try playing some music that has a really strong Bass section: that'll tell you if the sub-W is cooking!
(I wouldn't dare suggest any of what I listen to: it's known to be toxic to humans! )
__________________

__________________
Good Sam Member 843599689
FMCA Member F473304

Current coach: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
Former coach: Thor Outlaw 29-H
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 03:21 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
jpmihalk's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,132
THOR #3761
Normally the inverter is only going to power the fridge and entertainment circuits. Adding anything else and the inverter might not make it through the night without alarming or the batteries going dead quickly.
__________________
John
2016 Thor Hurricane 35C with pups Piper and Annabelle
2013 Ford Fiesta toad
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 03:33 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Michigan
Posts: 292
THOR #9522
But I do wish an outlet on the countertop was on the inverter for the coffee pot. Yes it would draw a lot of amps but only for a short time.
__________________
Pete and Carolynn Foss from Oxford, MI
2018 Four Winds 31W
1999 Aero Cub F-21 trailer
1977 Tioga 24 foot RV
petefoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 04:30 PM   #5
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 9,185
THOR #8860
"Man's reach should always exceed his grasp."...

If you get everything you wished for: what would you have, to wish for?
__________________
Good Sam Member 843599689
FMCA Member F473304

Current coach: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
Former coach: Thor Outlaw 29-H
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 01:47 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 29H
State: Ontario
Posts: 2
THOR #4874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrady6243 View Post
Should the power inverter using battery power operate all the outlets?
The only things currently that work off of the inverter are the refrig, (tv, satellite and dvd plugins which are in cabinet above recliner) The general outlets above dining room table, above sofa, in bathroom, outlets above sink, in bedroom, and garage and hall DONOT work unless shore or gen power is on.
Is this normal for this model?

Also, what makes the subwoofer under the dinette bench produce sound? At first there was no light so I checked fuse box, no fuse so I put one in.
There is a light on it, it is plugged in but nothing seems to produce sound from it, tv stereo on dash or stereo in garage...I have turned subwoofer on the dash radio system on, but I have the big speaker taking up room under the bench for nothing at this point.
Ever figure this out? I have read this same issue in other forums also.
__________________
RV_Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 02:11 AM   #7
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New Jersey
Posts: 64
THOR #8931
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV_Envy View Post
Ever figure this out? I have read this same issue in other forums also.
yes that is normal. I have a 2018 37rb. My outlets and microwave and all won't work unless my generator is running or I'm plugged into shore power
__________________
Hoser123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 03:00 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
Posts: 1,101
THOR #6411
Magnum CVWS2012 series has a 30 amp pass through relay and the Xantrex Freedom XI also has a 30 amp pass through relay. It is relatively easy to replace the Xantrex Pro (15 amp pass through) in most coaches and add another circuit breaker panel (Lowes @ $16) to handle all the 120 volt duplex outlets in the coach. The only real problem was the Xantrex Freedom XI is 9" longer than the Xantrex Pro so it was a really tight fit under the bed, but you get a pure sine wave very efficient inverter.
__________________
Jim & Roy Davis
2016 Hurricane 31S
1961 Rampside in tow
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 11:17 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 29H
State: Ontario
Posts: 2
THOR #4874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoser123 View Post
yes that is normal. I have a 2018 37rb. My outlets and microwave and all won't work unless my generator is running or I'm plugged into shore power
Sorry, I meant about the Subwoofer....
__________________

__________________
RV_Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
power inverter, subwoofer

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2