Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2019, 01:19 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ARIA
State: Illinois
THOR #15176
2017 Thor Aria ceiling lights won't work

No ceiling lights, no vent fans?
The circuit breaker is not tripped in battery box, and battery disconnect is set to on. NO LIGHTS.
This has the firefly for turning on lights. Is there a main control unit for this lighting system? If so, where is it located?
Thanks

Old 11-02-2019, 01:38 PM   #2

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
I don’t have an Aria but do have the Firefly system. The main unit is wired and has controls for all of the systems in the coach. The other pads are wireless and each has a small round battery. The main unit on ours does have a spot (can’t remember exactly where) that shows battery level of each remote pad.
Old 11-02-2019, 02:49 PM   #3

Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #9660
The main panel for the Firefly system is under the R bath sink in a 3901 (don't know which model you have). There are breakers on that panel. It is called a G6 panel I believe. Sometimes, turning off the use/store switch for 60 seconds will reset the system.
Hope this helps.
Mike
Old 11-02-2019, 02:53 PM   #4

THOR #15176
We have a 36 ARIA, no rear bath.
Old 11-02-2019, 06:46 PM   #5

THOR #15176
Got all lights working. Went into the master switch, push on for the lights, all came on. Went to wall switches nothing would work. Push master to off. Tried all room/wall switches, nothing.
Then I remember folks talking about batteries in the switch. Went and got all new batteries---Installed, ALL are working perfectly.
The cold here in Illinois killed the 3 Volt batteries. All worked when it warmer 4 weeks ago.
Old 11-02-2019, 07:51 PM   #6

Model: Aria 4000
State: Tennessee
THOR #13587
Glad you got it working- but I was actually hoping you'd have a nerdier problem with a more comprehensive answer! I'm still having issues where my cargo lights won't come on at all. They DID work, then randomly decided to quit (shortly before my bathroom fan decided to randomly START working). When I hit the switch for the cargo lights, all the rest of the lights on the coach flicker almost imperceptibly quickly, but no light underneath.

I pulled the G6 panel at one point, and that rats nest of wiring was more than my poor non-electrician brain could process, so I just put it back. We got flashlights, all good!