Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 01-20-2020, 02:14 AM   #1

State: California
THOR #17726
2018 Thor Aria 3901 Radio not working without key

So I have the pioneer sound system, and I'm pretty sure this is user error. The radio will only work with the ignition on, much like in a car. Only reason why I think maybe it should work while on shore power is that there are speakers in the bedroom tied to the system. I've read on tue forum somewhere about a "dealer switch", but not sure what they are speaking of. Anything helps. I am good with rewiring to a house battery system for power as well, but I suspect it exists already. Thanks for your time!

Old 01-20-2020, 07:47 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Aria 4000
State: Utah
THOR #15943
Our 2019 Aria 4000 is the same.
GVP
Old 01-20-2020, 11:45 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #9660
Our 2018 3901 has the Axxera radio/nav system, which I believe, they all came with. It is wired so the radio is not controlled by the ignition switch in any way. It must be turned on/off with the radio switch. It will not work with the use/store battery switch in the off (store) position. Your Pioneer system must have been added aftermarket and wired through the ignition. A switch could be added to make it work either way (our Fleetwood was like that).
Mike
Old 01-21-2020, 01:36 AM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
Model: S.O.B.
State: Florida
THOR #14543
"Dealer Switch" = House battery disconnect switch. Sometimes called "Use / Store" switch.

Frequently called the "&$%@}* switch" (by me, at least).
Popfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:36 PM   #5

THOR #17726
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1noel View Post
Our 2018 3901 has the Axxera radio/nav system, which I believe, they all came with. It is wired so the radio is not controlled by the ignition switch in any way. It must be turned on/off with the radio switch. It will not work with the use/store battery switch in the off (store) position. Your Pioneer system must have been added aftermarket and wired through the ignition. A switch could be added to make it work either way (our Fleetwood was like that).

Mike
Thanks! I wasnt sure if it was standard. The previous owner did a lot of customization, so I'll work on rewiring! Appreciate the response!
Old 01-21-2020, 02:37 PM   #6

THOR #17726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popfla View Post
"Dealer Switch" = House battery disconnect switch. Sometimes called "Use / Store" switch.

Frequently called the "&$%@}* switch" (by me, at least).
Ah. Yea, had to turn that one on when I drove it out the lot. None of my cameras were working! I get it for storage, but that's about it.