Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-30-2018, 01:32 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31W
State: Delaware
Posts: 17
THOR #13591
Smile 2018 Thor Chateau 31W low point drains?

Greetings! I searched the threads and didn't see an answer, so I've got to ask... I just bought a 2016 Thor Chateau 31W two months ago and it's getting near time to winterize. I've asked the dealer and service department several times where the low point drains are, and they keep telling me they don't know and need to contact the factory. Yet they also say to bring it in and THEY will be happy to winterize it (for a fee, of course).



I can't find anything online about the location of the drains for this model, so if anyone knows offhand, please let me know, otherwise I'm going to go with my best guess and start looking under the bed where the fresh tank and pump are (although I hate messing with all the wires and stuff in that area).



Also, the unit has an on-demand water heater. I like the fact that it never runs out of hot water, but nobody mentioned how to empty it or should I just pump the pink stuff through it? The dealer did a really poor job of telling me how things worked....
__________________

__________________
Choxnpinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 01:52 AM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 8,021
THOR #1150
Call Thor with your VIN and ask for the engineering diagrams for your coach. One of them will show the plumbing layout including where the low point drains are.

(The phone number is on the customer assistance page on their website.)
__________________

__________________
2014 Thor Axis 24.1
2018 Chevy Bolt
blog - https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 02:05 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31W
State: Delaware
Posts: 17
THOR #13591
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Call Thor with your VIN and ask for the engineering diagrams for your coach.

Thanks. I have the diagrams for wiring and plumbing which show that it DOES have the drains, but in a block diagram it doesn't say WHERE they're located.



Believe it or not, one of the defects that came out of the factory was that the bathroom and kitchen furnace outlets didn't blow air, and the dealer found that the factory never drilled the hole in the floor to run the ducts.



I've owned the unit for 80 days. It's been in my possession for 24 days and back in the shop for repairs for 56 days. I'm NOT a happy camper...
__________________
Choxnpinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 11:11 AM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 8,021
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choxnpinz View Post
Thanks. I have the diagrams for wiring and plumbing which show that it DOES have the drains, but in a block diagram it doesn't say WHERE they're located.



Believe it or not, one of the defects that came out of the factory was that the bathroom and kitchen furnace outlets didn't blow air, and the dealer found that the factory never drilled the hole in the floor to run the ducts.



I've owned the unit for 80 days. It's been in my possession for 24 days and back in the shop for repairs for 56 days. I'm NOT a happy camper...
Really? Hmm the diagrams I have for pluming from Thor for our Axis shows the routing and position of all the plumbing. Sadly the electrical one isn't nearly as detailed.
__________________
2014 Thor Axis 24.1
2018 Chevy Bolt
blog - https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 12:39 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Maryland
Posts: 213
THOR #5837
On my 31E the low point drains are underneath the fridge. There is an access panel there that you have to unscrew to get to the valves. I think your 31W has a residential fridge so it might be different, but I would look around that area since your floorplan is similar. If you look underneath the coach you should be able to see the drain lines somewhere, which is how I figured out where mine are.
__________________
jabrabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 01:16 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31W
State: Delaware
Posts: 17
THOR #13591
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
On my 31E the low point drains are underneath the fridge. There is an access panel there that you have to unscrew to get to the valves. I think your 31W has a residential fridge so it might be different, but I would look around that area since your floorplan is similar. If you look underneath the coach you should be able to see the drain lines somewhere, which is how I figured out where mine are.

That's what I figured too, but I've been underneath the coach (at least all that I can see with limited access) and haven't found them yet.
__________________
Choxnpinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 01:37 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds
State: Ontario
Posts: 247
THOR #9081
There is no requirement to have a bypass for the tankless water heater. You will need to shut the 12volt power off for it. If you take the outside door off, there is an on and off switch for it. If you don't power it off it will go to the winterize mode which will cycle it on and off.
Now back to the bypass for the water heater. Although there is no requirement for it, Thor actually plumbed one on mine. Why? Here is a link for the manuals. https://greenrvproducts.com/pages/owner
__________________
_____________________
2018 Four Winds 31Y
Peterrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 01:49 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31W
State: Delaware
Posts: 17
THOR #13591
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Really? Hmm the diagrams I have for pluming from Thor for our Axis shows the routing and position of all the plumbing. Sadly the electrical one isn't nearly as detailed.

I'll check again, but the book I had only showed a typical system in block diagram that had no bearing on my particular unit.
__________________
Choxnpinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 02:05 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Storm 32V - pre
State: Alabama
Posts: 1,525
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choxnpinz View Post
I'll check again, but the book I had only showed a typical system in block diagram that had no bearing on my particular unit.


Email Thor and ask for the plumbing drawings for your coach. They usually send them promptly. Ask for the electrical drawings while you are at it.
__________________
Pete'sMH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 03:31 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31W
State: Delaware
Posts: 17
THOR #13591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Email Thor and ask for the plumbing drawings for your coach. They usually send them promptly. Ask for the electrical drawings while you are at it.

Thanks, Pete. I just emailed them.
__________________
Choxnpinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 04:37 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 30FE
State: Arkansas
Posts: 21
THOR #11535
I would look under coach where the low point drain pipes exit coach. It will give you a good idea where the valves are in the coach.
__________________
Zippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 02:33 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Michigan
Posts: 321
THOR #9522
On my 2018 31w the low point valves are under the fridge. Pull out the drawer under the fridge to access. That's also where the water line to the ice maker attaches that I missed last year when I winterized.
__________________
Pete and Carolynn Foss from Oxford, MI
2018 Four Winds 31W
1999 Aero Cub F-21 trailer
1977 Tioga 24 foot RV
petefoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 10:25 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Ontario
Posts: 3
THOR #12247
I found mine under the dinnette bench closest t washroom on my 2018 31y four winds
If you follow from under bed the go out to oassenger side wall and probably feed washroom then to dinette
__________________
Gsx600sdi@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:28 PM   #14
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Colorado
Posts: 44
THOR #2442
Low point drains NOT

Just FYI On my Vegas 25.2 - 2015. The Low point drains are not at the low point. They are close, but the water lines from driver to pass side are lower than the LPD's. IE they will not totally drain the system. And you will still need to use antifreeze or blow it out.
David
__________________
davidspixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:48 PM   #15
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: FourWinds 24F
State: Michigan
Posts: 5
THOR #7056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
I would look under coach where the low point drain pipes exit coach. It will give you a good idea where the valves are in the coach.
I traced a leak under my 24F to my drains; one of the values worked loose; until then I had no idea where they were - because they are completely hidden under the plumbing lines from the water pump and the lines coming from the other side of the coach. These valves are totally useless where they are located. Another Thor masterpiece.
__________________
cleo9021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:31 PM   #16
Junior Member
 
State: Alaska
Posts: 28
THOR #13281
Smile

On my 2018 ACE 27.2 I think the low point is the
outside shower. Anyone know different?

Thanks, Rich
__________________
Radioradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:26 PM   #17
Junior Member
 
Brand: Dutchmen
State: Illinois
Posts: 23
THOR #13214
Mine is a 5ver but are underneath but barely stick through the underbelly material,, with 2 pipe caps, one red and one blue,, I was under there 4 times before I saw them
__________________
Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:36 PM   #18
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31W
State: Delaware
Posts: 17
THOR #13591
Quote:
Originally Posted by petefoss View Post
On my 2018 31w the low point valves are under the fridge. Pull out the drawer under the fridge to access. That's also where the water line to the ice maker attaches that I missed last year when I winterized.

That was it, under the fridge! Thank you so much!
__________________
Choxnpinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:54 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Michigan
Posts: 321
THOR #9522
No problem
__________________
Pete and Carolynn Foss from Oxford, MI
2018 Four Winds 31W
1999 Aero Cub F-21 trailer
1977 Tioga 24 foot RV
petefoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 02:46 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chanteau
State: Arizona
Posts: 111
THOR #12515
After draining the main water tank, valve is connected to side of tank. We just poured a gallon of RV Winterizing antifreeze into the water tank, switched on RV water pump, then opened each faucet till we saw pink. That should add the antifreeze to all lines including hot water tank.
__________________

__________________
Mikeroe66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
31w, chateau, drain, low, thor

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2