Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-05-2019, 10:26 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 22FE
State: Oklahoma
THOR #15560
2019 Freedom Elite 22FE Fresh Water Drain

Can anyone tell me where the actual drain valve is for the fresh water tank....the dealer responded I don't know. Thor sent me schematics for the water tank. The tank is located behind the dinette and or under a closet. I am just looking for the valve you turn to drain it. There is no spigot outside the RV and no label that says low point drain.
I woud add it does not have a "wet bay"...I have also been told to start taking panels off, look in the drivers compartment....not there.

I crawled under and can see a white pipe right in front of the rear dual axle on the driver side, but no valve.

I appreciate your assistance.

Old 06-06-2019, 12:45 AM   #2

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
I don’t have your model but it shouldn’t be too hard to find. Look inside the coach at the base of the fresh water tank. On my FE 26HE that was under the dinette seat and the valve was a white lever valve that drained through the floor. If the white pipe you found is below the water tank I’d look immediately above it inside.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:38 AM   #3

State: Arizona
THOR #13531
Quote:
Originally Posted by blj1961 View Post
Can anyone tell me where the actual drain valve is for the fresh water tank....the dealer responded I don't know. Thor sent me schematics for the water tank. The tank is located behind the dinette and or under a closet. I am just looking for the valve you turn to drain it. There is no spigot outside the RV and no label that says low point drain.
I woud add it does not have a "wet bay"...I have also been told to start taking panels off, look in the drivers compartment....not there.

I crawled under and can see a white pipe right in front of the rear dual axle on the driver side, but no valve.

Hi blj 1961 , my wife and I have a Thor Chateau 23U . Our fresh water tank is located under the dinette bench seat cushion to the right side, left side has the water pump and converter and electrical panel . You will also see a big red valve that you use to dump the water in your fresh water tank. There is also a smaller chrome valve that you use to close when you are hooked up to city water source at camp grounds so your fresh water doesn't take on any more water and over flow .
Old 06-06-2019, 03:43 AM   #4

State: Arizona
THOR #13531
Quote:
Originally Posted by blj1961 View Post

Also make sure your white drain pipe is long enough to drain water out of the compartment it's in . I had to put a 2 inch pvc elbow to make sure that the water would drain out properly.
Old 06-06-2019, 11:35 AM   #5

THOR #15560
Thank You

Thanks to you both. I have had Travel Trailers in the past and they were outside. That said I was a little shocked at CW and Thors response. Live and Learn.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:41 PM   #6

Model: 26HE
State: Alabama
THOR #12744
I looked at a lot of FEs and they all had a drain valve on the driver side, close to the hose connection. On the 2018 22fe it was a white valve just in front of the driver side rear tires. On the exterior wall between the tire and generator door.

I ultimately went with the 26HE and it too is at the lowest point below the hose connection on the driver's side.
Old 06-06-2019, 04:57 PM   #7

THOR #15560
Thank you Brad. It is storming here at the moment. I know it is not on the outside wall, but I will look under the vehicle in this spot. It should be there or under the dinette.
Old 06-08-2019, 10:39 AM   #8

THOR #15560
Found

On a 22 FE just behind the dinette is cabinet. The top half has a wardrobe and pantry. It is only about half size, not full length. Water Tank sits under it. Front Panel has 6 screws. Directly behind that is the water pump and fresh water drain valve. I have had Travel Trailers in the past and was not expecting something inside hidden by a panel. Thanks to all of you that helped me! Live and learn!
Old 06-08-2019, 12:25 PM   #9

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Glad you found it. And that in doing so you learned a few new things about how your coach was put together. Knowledge that will help you for years to come.