Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2019, 03:02 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31S
State: California
THOR #14831
Water pressure in bathroom and shower

Hi All,

I have a 18' 31S with only a couple trips under my belt.

When using city water, i have great pressure in the kitchen but the water flow is non-existent in the shower and bathroom. This problem got progressively worse over a period of three days. I cannot find a kink wherever i can see the water line myself.

Question; does anyone have a water supply diagram?

TIA

Old 03-28-2019, 11:12 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
THOR #5437
If you call Thor customer service with your vin number they will send you the one that matches your unit.
Old 03-28-2019, 11:39 AM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Welcome to the site.

You can call Thor as directed above, or just create an account/log in to the owner resources page on their website and download the diagram (if its there--sometimes they don't post it, but there will be a ton of other stuff available):
https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource/
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 12:54 PM   #4

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Welcome to the forum GrimlocKing. So lets find out more first:
Do you lose both hot and cold water pressure in all bathroom fixtures when on shore water? When you return to on board fresh water (via your pump) does the pressure return to both hot and cold bathroom fixtures (not changing any slide positions)? Do you notice the pressure change when putting out the sofa slide or the bedroom slide? Shore water could more likely be affected by your bedroom slide based on floor plan.....but the kitchen stays working....strange depending on plumbing routing.

The 31S floorplan (if I looked at the correct one on line) has bathroom and shower cross aisle and shower and kitchen on passenger side. So it is odd that when the problem occurs the kitchen runs fine but not the bathroom/shower fixtures. I would think the hot/cold plumbing would run from bathroom (on driver side) to shower and kitchen (on passenger side) but the Thor plumbing diagram should show that.....assuming it is “as built”.
Old 03-28-2019, 01:08 PM   #5

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimlocKing View Post
Hi All,

When using city water, i have great pressure in the kitchen but the water flow is non-existent in the shower and bathroom. This problem got progressively worse over a period of three days. I cannot find a kink wherever i can see the water line myself.

TIA
The water lines on the right side run from the low point drains under the outside kitchen (accessed through the forward drawer in the outside kitchen) to the coach's kitchen. You access them by removing the access panel to the rear of the water heater, removing the heater grill and by removing the false floor under the sink (where the water pump is located). The water lines to the shower come from tees in the main PEX lines in the located just forward of the water heater and run up the shower valves in the wall chase between the bedroom wall and the rear shower wall. This hollow wall also houses the wiring for the slide controls, electric duplex plug with USB ports, the light switches and the rear A/C thermostat. There are a pair of lines that run under the floor across the coach to the bathroom and outside shower. The tees are next to the shower tees and run into the top of the heated storage compartment under the shower and across the coach in a heated chase under the floor but on top of the gray water tank. The city water feed also runs across the coach in this chase. Helps to be at the factory when they are building like coaches.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 01:22 PM   #6
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Welcome aboard!
It sounds as if there's two possibilities:
a kink in the line
or...
an obstruction within the line...

If there are any screens or filters in the line: I'd start looking there.

Good luck!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 01:34 PM   #7

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimlocKing View Post
Hi All,

TIA
We all assumed you removed the restrictor in the shower water valves before posting. Unscrew the hose from the valves and there is a plastic restrictor covering 1/2 of the opening. Just remove it for more flow.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 05:56 PM   #8

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
We all assumed you removed the restrictor in the shower water valves before posting. Unscrew the hose from the valves and there is a plastic restrictor covering 1/2 of the opening. Just remove it for more flow.
Both our bath sink screens and the kitchen sprayer were plugged up with debris from construction. Debris since it hasn't settled yet just in case.