Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-10-2017, 11:14 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
Posts: 211
THOR #6446
25.2 rear slide rain leak

We've been traveling on our second significant trip. Once we got to Northern California the rains begin. And I've noticed after driving in the rain and then extending the rear slide comma there is water on the carpet (only in one spot on pax side. We can easily dry it out and protect the carpet but I can't seem to find anything wrong with the seal or anything else. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how to fix it?
__________________

__________________
Former owner 2016 Vegas 25.2 Toad 2014 Hyundai​ Elantra
Blue Ox Avanta Tow Bar Blue Ox Patriot
Chassis Battery Maintainer/ Battery fill System
Safe_t_Plus, Spare mount underneath
Dynamat Extreme / Hoodliner Doghouse Treatment
2016vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 12:56 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
Posts: 212
THOR #5112
same coach no problems. yet
__________________

__________________
tigwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 02:38 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Whirnot's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Oregon
Posts: 213
THOR #6934
Just got back from 500 miles on the rainy coast, no issue, same coach
__________________
Whirnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:46 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Mr Sunshine's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Vegas 25.2
State: Florida
Posts: 1,882
THOR #1589
Haven't heard of this problem. The first thing a tech will likely do is turn the hose on it with someone inside to see if the source of the leak can be located. Suggest you try that asap. A small leak problem can quickly turn into a big problem.
__________________
Lessons are repeated until learned. Fast learners get extra rewards!
Mr Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:51 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
Posts: 211
THOR #6446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Haven't heard of this problem. The first thing a tech will likely do is turn the hose on it with someone inside to see if the source of the leak can be located. Suggest you try that asap. A small leak problem can quickly turn into a big problem.
yes. I'm out for 3 more weeks, so I'll watch it...Rain forecast tomorrow. I see that the slide awning is offset just a bit to the non leak side. Meantime, will wipe the bottom and side before retracting and see what that does. Thanks
__________________
Former owner 2016 Vegas 25.2 Toad 2014 Hyundai​ Elantra
Blue Ox Avanta Tow Bar Blue Ox Patriot
Chassis Battery Maintainer/ Battery fill System
Safe_t_Plus, Spare mount underneath
Dynamat Extreme / Hoodliner Doghouse Treatment
2016vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:43 PM   #6
Member
 
INKBLUE12's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Indiana
Posts: 46
THOR #5936
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016vegas View Post
We've been traveling on our second significant trip. Once we got to Northern California the rains begin. And I've noticed after driving in the rain and then extending the rear slide comma there is water on the carpet (only in one spot on pax side. We can easily dry it out and protect the carpet but I can't seem to find anything wrong with the seal or anything else. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how to fix it?


This just happen to me with my 2016 Axis 25.2. Had a hard rain all night long and I actually could hear the water running down from someplace along the slide, the left side of the carpet was wet. I also looked for weak seals along the slide but I couldn't find anything as well. I was wondering if it was a leveling issue. Your thoughts?
__________________
INKBLUE12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:56 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
Posts: 211
THOR #6446
Quote:
Originally Posted by INKBLUE12 View Post
This just happen to me with my 2016 Axis 25.2. Had a hard rain all night long and I actually could hear the water running down from someplace along the slide, the left side of the carpet was wet. I also looked for weak seals along the slide but I couldn't find anything as well. I was wondering if it was a leveling issue. Your thoughts?
1 no problems driving in hard rain w slide retracted.
2. I've been in several campsites not perfectly level... that could be...
3. Slide awning on mine is not centered. The short side is side where I've had water....That could contribute.

I plan to go in and try to find water tomorrow. Will let you know if I see anything.
__________________
Former owner 2016 Vegas 25.2 Toad 2014 Hyundai​ Elantra
Blue Ox Avanta Tow Bar Blue Ox Patriot
Chassis Battery Maintainer/ Battery fill System
Safe_t_Plus, Spare mount underneath
Dynamat Extreme / Hoodliner Doghouse Treatment
2016vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 04:43 PM   #8
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 8,024
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016vegas
1 no problems driving in hard rain w slide retracted.
2. I've been in several campsites not perfectly level... that could be...
3. Slide awning on mine is not centered. The short side is side where I've had water....That could contribute.

I plan to go in and try to find water tomorrow. Will let you know if I see anything.
I would hope that your points 2 and 3 aren't the problem as a slide awning isn't supposed to keep the rain out (it merely keeps the top clean so you don't have to--the slide should be sealed from water intrusion all by itself and not require a topper).

Same thing with not level, although if you get more water leaning one way vs the other it would give you somewhere to start looking.
__________________
2014 Thor Axis 24.1
2018 Chevy Bolt
blog - https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 06:13 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 133
THOR #1812
Had a leak on another ( non-Thor ) slide that just about drove me crazy. Found out the seal around the WINDOW was leaking ! Remember, any leak is going to find its way to the corner of the slide - go beyond the obvious slide seals....
__________________
Stan fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 11:24 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Florida
Posts: 28
THOR #5392
I have the same issue with my 2014 Vegas. Can't stop it and it's always on the right side of the slide out. I keep a towel over the slide out roof.
__________________
GracieBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:54 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
Posts: 3,867
THOR #2121
Slides that get wet on a regular basis eventually suffer permanent water damage, often on floor under the slide based on what I've researched. Repairs can be very costly if left unattended.
__________________
Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 02:33 AM   #12
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Michigan
Posts: 16
THOR #5743
My Vegas 25.2 had significant leakage on our first trip last fall, but was on the driver's side, originating at the side window, not the slide-out like yours. Dealer found a skip in the seal at the top of that window. No problems found/noticed due to the slide-out.

Either way, I always do a quick inspection of the coach during & after rains. After that leak was found (and carpet soaked), I decided to always have a small dehumidifier and a hygrometer ready to reduce any excessive moisture in the air.

My "room" dehumidifier: "Ivation GDM20 Thermo-Electric Dehumidifier, 1100 Cubic Feet". Not great, but does work.
__________________
G-mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 02:56 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
Posts: 211
THOR #6446
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-mo View Post
My Vegas 25.2 had significant leakage on our first trip last fall, but was on the driver's side, originating at the side window, not the slide-out like yours. Dealer found a skip in the seal at the top of that window. No problems found/noticed due to the slide-out.

Either way, I always do a quick inspection of the coach during & after rains. After that leak was found (and carpet soaked), I decided to always have a small dehumidifier and a hygrometer ready to reduce any excessive moisture in the air.

My "room" dehumidifier: "Ivation GDM20 Thermo-Electric Dehumidifier, 1100 Cubic Feet". Not great, but does work.
After I quit fretting and started looking, I think I found the problem.... The seal that runs along the bottom of the RV for the slide is compromised in one spot on the side where I had water. I really can't test it since I'm now in Nevada, but I can seal it and watch it next rain.
Thanks so much for your ideas and comments!!!.will keep you posted.
__________________
Former owner 2016 Vegas 25.2 Toad 2014 Hyundai​ Elantra
Blue Ox Avanta Tow Bar Blue Ox Patriot
Chassis Battery Maintainer/ Battery fill System
Safe_t_Plus, Spare mount underneath
Dynamat Extreme / Hoodliner Doghouse Treatment
2016vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 12:50 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 25.2 axis
State: South Carolina
Posts: 160
THOR #3992
25.2 water leak

Also 25.2 first time drive in the rain my leaks same place.Hard blowing rain last night no leaks.Could it be coming up thew the fender well?
__________________
nautiquecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:17 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
Posts: 211
THOR #6446
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautiquecowboy View Post
Also 25.2 first time drive in the rain my leaks same place.Hard blowing rain last night no leaks.Could it be coming up thew the fender well?
I think mine was just water on the slide exterior that dripped from it when retracted. So that's not really a ldak but something to be aware of.
__________________
Former owner 2016 Vegas 25.2 Toad 2014 Hyundai​ Elantra
Blue Ox Avanta Tow Bar Blue Ox Patriot
Chassis Battery Maintainer/ Battery fill System
Safe_t_Plus, Spare mount underneath
Dynamat Extreme / Hoodliner Doghouse Treatment
2016vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 03:39 PM   #16
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
Posts: 12
THOR #6320
Same unit 5 trips out no problem.
__________________
Mromeojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:26 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
sage's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Florida
Posts: 179
THOR #6999
Send a message via Skype™ to sage
2016 25.2 here. It seems like it's been raining nonstop for the last month. No leaks around the slide.
__________________
sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 12:49 AM   #18
Member
 
State: California
Posts: 67
THOR #6557
2017 25.2, just returned from a 5500 mile trip. First week, nonstop rain, we did not have any leaks.
__________________

__________________
Sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
leak, real slide

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2