Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2018, 02:38 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.2
State: Arizona
THOR #10172
2p17 Thor 27.2 circuit breakers

Was running small electric heater when we turned on the microwave. Everything went off. No power to any outlets. Checked the panel at the end of the bed. All breakers were on. Is there another breaker panel somewhere else?

Old 12-29-2018, 02:57 AM   #2

Model: Outlaw 29H Class C
State: California
THOR #7010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmaxon3@cox.net View Post
Was running small electric heater when we turned on the microwave. Everything went off. No power to any outlets. Checked the panel at the end of the bed. All breakers were on. Is there another breaker panel somewhere else?

Go further up line. Assuming you are at a CG? Check the post breaker.
Old 12-29-2018, 03:17 AM   #3

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Or if you were runing your generator?? check the breaker right on the genny. They are hard to see so bring a flash light even in daytime.

My was tripped one time. The Generator started and ran just fine but my AC unit would not come on. So it took me a few minutes to figure it out.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 03:21 AM   #4

THOR #10172
Checked the power post and my surge protector was dead. Plugged directly into post and am back on line. Surge protector more than four years old. Probably time to get another one.
Old 12-29-2018, 01:24 PM   #5

THOR #12231
Ok, well that was an easy (but expensive) fix. I guess the surge protector did its job. Did it have a red light on saying it had a surge? Or no lights at all?
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Old 12-29-2018, 01:36 PM   #6

THOR #10172
Completely dead
Old 12-29-2018, 04:38 PM   #7

THOR #12231
Good to know. I wonder if it was defective or if it took a big electrial hit? We may never know. I always use my surge - even at the house.

I just purchased a hard wired surge protector (might install this weekend). It also prevents hi and low volts to protect the electronics and has a delay incase your power goes out and back on quickly while the AC is on. The delay prevents too much head presure on the AC unit.
Old 12-29-2018, 04:44 PM   #8

THOR #10172
I am going to plug the surge protector in today to see if that resets it but I am afraid it is done for. Thanks for your help. I didn't think about checking the power post. My batteries were about exhausted when I found the dead surge protector. I am at a modern well maintained rv park so I think the power reliable at least until I leave in a couple of days.
Old 12-29-2018, 05:07 PM   #9

Model: Outlaw 29H Class C
State: California
THOR #7010
Glad you back up. I have the inline EMS and it has a bypass switch, but it’s electronic so if the whole unit is fried then that switch won’t work. Makes me think I should carry a short romex “jumper” with some lever nuts as a worst case field fix. Couldn’t hurt.