Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2019, 09:53 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty02 View Post
I was not implying the battery in the diagram represented high current draw (not power draw as you stated; current and power are two different things). Also, wire size and fuse size is based on current draw, not the other way around.

Okay, let’s say we change the word “battery” in the diagram to “30 amp fuse.” Disconnect the wire going to the switch from the 30 amp fuse. Then draw another fuse and call it “5 amp fuse.” Connect the switch wire you disconnected from the 30 amp fuse to the 5 amp fuse. Now we have 2 separate circuits. Troubleshoot the one that’s blowing the fuse first. BTW...the LP/CO detectors might be tied into the same 5 amp circuit.

That’s all I was suggesting, nothing more. Impossible to tell without the correct wiring diagram, which may also show the lockout system tied in as well. Just saying. I’d start with continuity checks to ground in all the suspected areas/components with and without the engine running if that’s what activates the lockout.
Ok, We are going the wrong direction here. First, thank you for the clarification of power vs. current with respect to the fuse rating. However, the problem is not directly connected to the 30 amp circuit. The 30 amp fuse is perfectly happy and did not puffing any smoke through out the journey. So, the question is why the 5 amp fuse keep arcs its way and burns the bridge? And, when this happen, why the slider is not operative?
There are some clues we have here: (this is not complicated, you can deduce all of the followings in a matter of minutes).
1. The 5 amp fuse may be part of the slider's lockout logic.
2. The lockout logic may also related to LP/CO detector circuit.
3. LP/CO detector may not be the one caused the 5 amp fuse blown.
4. We know the 5 amp fuse circuit is not a permanent short all the time.
Step one troubleshooting:
1. Verify the lockout logic before and after the 5 amp fuse changing of state. A possible way but not the same as blown fuse is try to remove the 5 amp fuse.
2. If the lockout logic inhibited the slider to operate then we have ONLY explained the the reason why the 5 amp fuse has anything to do with the slider operation. Nothing else at this point.
Now, we need to focus on which wire caused the 5 amp fuse to blown?
1. Disconnect one wire at a time on the other side of the non +12v fuse terminal. There may only be just one wire then, you may have to trace this wire until there is a branch circuit.
2. Once you have found the wire, our focus is now to decide if the over current condition is result of a faulty device or any intermittence short circuit?
On the other hand, if the lockout logic is not the reason that caused the slider to cease operation after 5 amp fuse blown out. We now have more complex troubleshooting and requires higher skill set. You need to have the full slider schematic to pin point where is the control wire that affect the slider's operation. Unless you are a highly skilled tech/engineer (like myself with 40 years of experience in designing industrial control and automation, home automation, micro-chip, system architect, software engineer, operating system etc...) I would call the factory tech support for further direction...

Old 01-30-2020, 02:04 PM   #42

State: Tennessee
THOR #8845
Read the sept
Old 01-30-2020, 02:09 PM   #43

THOR #8845
[QUOTE=edanddonna;221517]

Thank you for all information.
Old 01-30-2020, 02:12 PM   #44

THOR #8845
Quote:
Originally Posted by edanddonna View Post
Read the sept
Sry please ignore my posting [emoji4]
Old 01-30-2020, 03:01 PM   #45

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by edanddonna View Post
Sry please ignore my posting [emoji4]
You have the ability to edit or delete a post within an hour of posting it. Just use the edit button. I find it particularly useful.
Old 01-30-2020, 09:00 PM   #46

Model: Citation Sprinter 24sa
THOR #13813
Call Thor Customer Support

Call Thor Customer Support. 877-855-2867. These people have been great. Even out of warranty. Have your VIN ready. They can tell you what size fuse you need plus what the fuse operates. They could probable send you the wiring diagram. A couple of years ago THOR got beat up about their customer support. I think they are trying to make an effort.
Old 03-13-2021, 06:03 PM   #47

State: Texas
THOR #22510
Having same problem with my Thor 24C

I'm having the same problem with my 2014 Thor 24C. The 5 AMP fuse for the LP/CO detector pops immediately when I try to extend the slide. I don't hear any movement from the slide motors at all.

The user's manual suggests the blown fuse condition is an input to the slide controller, so that would be why the slide does not move. My problem is determining why the LP/CO detector fuse blows when trying to operate the slide. The fuse is fine after I replace it -- as long as I don't try to operate the slide!

I've followed the wiring harness as best as I can and I do not see any physical damage.

LATraveler -- Did you get your problem resolved? If so, what was the problem?
Old 03-15-2021, 02:51 PM   #48

Model: Citation Sprinter 24sa
THOR #13813
I would suggest calling tech support to see if they can send a wire diagram. Can you remove the wire harness from the controller. This would least determine if it's a wire issue or controller.
Old 05-13-2021, 08:33 PM   #49

Model: Outlaw 29S
State: West Virginia
THOR #22209
Has the issue with the 5 amp fuse blowing been resolved? I have a 2021 Outlaw 29S. If the 5 amp fuse blows, my slide also will not work. The 5 amp fuse is for the LP detector. ADDITIONALLY, I have discovered that my LP gauge on the LP tank does not register on the Thor control panel if the 5 AMP fuse IS NOT blown. If the fuse is blown,, it registers correctly. Also my winegard WIFI extender does NOT work if the fuse is blown even though the Winegard system is on a different fuse.

I am looking to see if anyone found a solution.