Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 01-27-2019, 08:50 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
Water Coming In

We've owned the Windsport 27K for about four years and haven't had a leak in the rain until today. When the slide out is deployed, I believe water is running under the slide out awning and dripping off onto the top of the slide out. Then it runs along the top of the slide out, under the rubber gasket, and down the corner of the slide out, under the partial wall, and into the boot storage compartment next to the stairs. When the slide out is retracted, some of the water is squeegeed off the top, but some enters the motor home then runs out on the floor from under the range. This is not a blowing rain.

I wonder if anyone has had the problem and has solved it?

Old 01-29-2019, 03:01 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin wayfarer 2bw
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #8609
We have a 2015 Hurricane 31s. Water was showing up on the bedroom floor just aft of the bathroom wall ( drivers side ). Not much, just a little trickle. Sometimes it would show up when we were on the road after a rainy day of camping. I inspected all the side, top and bottom seals. Everything looked ok but I was suspicious of the bottom because Water was on the floor, NOT seeping out from under the bathroom wall.
After inspecting under the slide, I noticed that a small rubber flap that covered the area where the gear track ran was not sealing where the track moved in and out, allowing a small amount of water to enter the coach. Possibly your issue is the same as mine just in s different spot. Water seems to collect there and when enough collects it runs into the coach.
I solved the issue by shoving a piece of foam rubber in that spot when the slide is out and removing it before retraction.
May be this will help you.
Old 01-29-2019, 04:29 PM   #3

THOR #2817
Quote:
Originally Posted by donmacd View Post
We have a 2015 Hurricane 31s. ... Possibly your issue is the same as mine just in s different spot. Water seems to collect there and when enough collects it runs into the coach.
I solved the issue by shoving a piece of foam rubber in that spot when the slide is out and removing it before retraction.
May be this will help you.
I was thinking about stuffing something in between the awning and the top of the slide out, but then I thought about type of disaster I could create by forgetting to remove it before retracting the slide out.
Old 01-29-2019, 04:30 PM   #4
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Four years of use?
yeah... you'll start seeing stuff like this that needs attention.
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:24 PM   #5

THOR #2817
Bob,

Yes, but it's under cover for six months and receives relatively little time on the road or being used.

I'd like to know what needs attention to prevent the water from coming in from the top of the slide out. Perhaps where shouldn't be a sag in the awning.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:01 PM   #6
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I'm just guessing here...
But those gaskets, flaps, and seals that should be keeping the water out of your slide: ain't doing their job...
The trick is to find exactly where the water is finding it's way into your rig.
Good luck, and happy hunting!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote