Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2015, 03:49 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.2
State: Ohio
THOR #1001
ACE Headlights

I'm wanting to research and possibly change out my factory bulbs in my ACE to something brighter. Has anyone done this? It's bitter cold here in Ohio right now,so I havent had the opportunity to venture into it ,and check.
Is it an easy change?
Coming home from Fla in December in rain at night had me wanting brighter lights.
Thanks in advance!
Tim Riggs

Old 02-27-2015, 01:31 AM   #2

Model: Miramar
State: Kentucky
THOR #1533
You can replace the headlamps assuming you have halogen bulbs with retrofit LED headlamps. I replaced all my bulbs (inside/outside) with retrofit LED's. They are pricey though. Headlamps are $99. You can check them out at M4 Products.com. Hope this helps and gives you an idea for replacement.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:43 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
Make sure that if the new bulbs use significantly more current than the current ones that your wiring is capable of supporting them.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:01 PM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob n Cindy View Post
You can replace the headlamps assuming you have halogen bulbs with retrofit LED headlamps. I replaced all my bulbs (inside/outside) with retrofit LED's. They are pricey though. Headlamps are $99. You can check them out at M4 Products.com. Hope this helps and gives you an idea for replacement.
The M4 website states their LED headlight bulbs are not DOT approved. Not sure about your state but here the use of non-DOT approved lights is illegal and most insurance policy will not cover damage to a vehicle if it is altered. Hit a deer at night with non-DOT bulbs and see if the insurance covers the repairs. In my neck of the woods there are to many suicidal deer to take that chance. Also, my vehicle would fail the annual state inspection with non DOT approved headlights.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote