Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2019, 02:35 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 23TR
State: Arizona
THOR #14425
Send a message via Skype™ to JimSpy
Exclamation Problem Swapping Trimark 650 latch for 1650

We went ahead and bought the recommended replacement for the Trimark 650 latch, the 1650 that comes with a steel mechanism instead of the Play-Doh one. We are currently engaged in attempting to make the swap. We've got the new one in, everything fits, EXCEPT...the deadbolt handle won't turn. It's because the new one has a bunch of loops for the latching arm where the old one only had one loop. WHY???? WHYYYYY???? There's only so much room in the cutout, and not enough to accomodate this new structure.

Can anyone advise? Hopefully tonight...we don't want to leave it unlocked!

Thor Gemini 23TR
RVing since 2018
JimSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:42 PM   #2

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Hi, I have not done this conversion on my 2013 ACE yet, but as I have said on this forum before I close the door like there is a hornets nest in the door jamb. If you look on Amazon for the Trimark 060-1650 and check the reviews there are a couple that go into detail regarding the fitment problems I think you are also seeing in the new part.

By the way I "believe" that just because it is the new part # does not necessarily mean it has the steel plunger component. I think you probably have to order the part from Trimark and specify the steel plunger from them.....but I am just gathering this from various comments I have seen. Don't know for sure. Hope this link helps (it is Amazon.ca but I assume Amazon.com will be similar....except the price of course).

https://www.amazon.ca/Trimark-Entran.../dp/B0149J1F10
Old 03-23-2019, 05:48 PM   #3

THOR #2631
So, I check my link and now Amazon.ca shows only 2 reviews......check amazon.com and there should be some reviewers with comments and details on what they had to do to get things to work.
Old 03-23-2019, 05:55 PM   #4

THOR #2631
Seems how you search for the door lock on line affects which view of Amazon you get....at least for me. Attaching a word version of one comment I pulled off line......dated 2016 so might not bee the same issue as you.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Lock is probably OK but installation can be a bear.doc (29.5 KB, 29 views)