Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-01-2017, 04:18 PM   #1

State: California
THOR #8563
Pop out trouble

Just purchased our 2017 ACE 30.2 on July 8 and the pip out looks like it dropped lower when we close it. It has damaged the linoleum (peeled). The plastic around also seems to be bent when it used to be taut. The top front bunk is also broken (won't go up). We have many other little details, but most concerning is the pop out. It sucks to have purchased something so expensive and to have all these major issues at not even a month with it. Anyone have same issues? We are taking it in to get fixed and they said it will be a couple of weeks. Didn't expect it to be in the shop for so long after just buying it! We are wondering if we can get our money back...

Old 08-01-2017, 04:26 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Arizona
THOR #7863
Our '17 Challenger has been in the shop 2x, for a total of about 3 of the 5 weeks we've owned it. All for things we either found on initial acceptance or shortly after. From all I've read here, it doesn't sound too unusual compared to others' experiences including with other brands and models. The factory Quality Control isn't as thorough as I'm used to with other products or my own past career, but I guess it just comes with RV life. If you get a refund and buy another, chances are good you'll go through it again. My opinion, identify everything you can, take it in, let them fix it, stay on them so they don't keep it too long, and enjoy your coach when it's done.
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper,
Is that good men do nothing.
Mike in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 05:19 PM   #3

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #8180
Part of owning one of these contraptions is you'll have to learn to deal with imperfections and / or become very handy. Try putting wheels on your house and driving it down the road. Comparing a motor coach to a car is a very unfair comparison. Everyone owns a car but by contrast, very few own motor coaches. So the level of scrutiny is completely different. Go ahead, crap in your car, I dare you! Of course you paid a lot, but look what you bought...a house on wheels. Don't think things are gonna rattle and come loose? Again, its a house on wheels. I too just took possession of a 30.2 (last Fri) and my PDI went very well. One warped cupboard door in the bedroom being replaced but 3 or 4 minor details. When I did point the issues out my tech took pictures and seemed to take it personal that he didn't catch the problems...he's been doing it for 15 years. But I had help...I had the forum...with combined knowledge of 100's of years.
Get the problems addressed and get out there and see this Country. There are some truly amazing things to see.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:02 PM   #4

State: California
THOR #8563
I guess I don't feel as bad knowing that this is common even with other brands. Getting it in the shop today. Hopefully, it doesn't take them a month to fix like they said
Old 08-01-2017, 06:27 PM   #5

Model: ACE 29.0
State: Colorado
THOR #2581
Amen to both of the above posts. So often just when folks get the bugs worked out they sell and start over. I bought mine with just over 3000 miles with most everything fixed that needed fixing. Still have something pop up now and then but overall I'm pretty happy.