Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 01-27-2019, 08:21 PM   #1
Bum

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 22B
State: Florida
THOR #14231
Shower panel removal

Have a pressure water leak behind the shower panel. 2019 Chateau 22B. I'm hoping not to have to take this back for the repair as I should easily be able to repair it however I"m not sure how to take the panel off. I assume there are clips holding it in place. Do I just pull near the clips to get them to release (I can get my hand behind the panel from the outer edge) or is there a trick to it, don't want to crack the plastic. I assume I have to take the shower controls off first. Second question, in case I can't get the panel off, is there a shut off valve behind the shower access panel down near the floor?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bum

Old 01-28-2019, 05:05 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
sorry, have no idea what sort of enclosure you have. Probably wouldn't know how anyway...
.....but please post some photos once you get in there....

I'm pretty sure mine has some little button cover things near the top that likely cover some screws...so I'm guessing that if I were to pull those then the panels would probably unclip from each other, &/or perhaps "lift and shift" our of the pan....maybe caulk holding around the edges too.
Regardless, I'm thinking it's probably held at the top and clipped in at the bottom and edges....
All just guesses.
I'd probably dive in gently pullin' and jiggling to hopefully figure it out.

or another thought. What's on the other side? My shower valves are in the side wall of the shower, which divides the bedroom, so there's some simple wall paneling that would be easy to pop off in the bedroom for a look-see from the other side.

Maybe if you were to post photos of what you have folks might be able to comment...or at least help brainstorm a bit better.