Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #31855
Lippert Leveling System

I'm having a nightmare trying to identify and repair a problem with the left front leveler dropping half way down on its own. I can sometimes retract all and get it to reposition itself fully up, but in a matter of a few days, I find it drooping again.
Any suggetions on what might be causing this and/or a reputable service center or mobile mechanic to help repair it, would be much appreciated. I've tried getting some kind of support from Lippert, but they only offer referrals of which I've had two incompetent mechanics run me in circles. I have noticed a small amount of hydraulic fluid on the hose and fitting, but the reservoir is full. It's been suggested that it could be the valve or leg that needs to be replaced, but I'd like to avoid paying a lot for replacement that might not even fix the problem.
It's a 2021 Thor Tiburaon 24'.

Thanks for any and all comments,
Dale

Old 03-16-2024, 06:59 PM   #2

Model: ACE 30.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #25260
Hello & welcome!

Fluid on the hose & fittings indicates a leak. If fluid can leak out then I assume that air can leak in which could explain why it droops down after a few days.

Step one would be to try tightening the fitting(s). Clean all the leaked fluid off so you can check for continued leaks or not. Cycle the jacks down & up a few times to make sure the system is full of fluid (no air bubbles or pockets of air).

If the evidence of leaks does not stop then the hose(s) & fittings might need to be replaced.

2015 ACE 30.1, 2017 RAV4, 1999 F250, 1991 Honda ST1100, 1984 Alfa Romeo Spider, 1981 Alfa Romeo GTV6, 1961 MGA
ghnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 07:09 PM   #3

State: California
THOR #31855
Lippert Leveling

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I did have a mechanic look at it and he supposedly ordered fitting and hose replacement, but its been 3 weeks and he's not doing much to track the shipment or make much effort to reply to my requests for update. Hopefully, he'll finally get off his duff and make this happen, but I'm not going to wait much longer. Ergo, the thread asking for suggestions.
If the eventual replacement of hose and fitting doesn't do the trick, do you think it's more likely the valve and/or leg?

Thanks again!
Old 03-16-2024, 07:17 PM   #4

Model: ACE 30.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #25260
I'm no expert, just a (stubborn?) DIY'er. Methinks that what sounds like a leaking fitting or faulty hose is what needs to be addressed first.

Have you tried contacting Lippert yourself? Lippert Systems - Support It's sad that it is so hard to find good service...

2015 ACE 30.1, 2017 RAV4, 1999 F250, 1991 Honda ST1100, 1984 Alfa Romeo Spider, 1981 Alfa Romeo GTV6, 1961 MGA
ghnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 07:31 PM   #5

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Internal leak within the leg causing a bypass.
If it all works, but just droops over time, put a bungie cord on it so it can't droop but will still extend when you ask it to.
That'll handle the problem in the short term.

You very likely need a new leg or a new seal within the leg if it's rebuildable.
Swap a good leg for the bad leg.
Tell us which now droops.

You have the ultimate test by using your three other good legs.

If your clownish help didn't think of this test;
Get new clownish help

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote