Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2018, 06:30 PM   #1

Brand: Jayco
Model: Entegra Vision 31V
State: Florida
THOR #12040
Question No power to radio

The radio (Axxera AVM70) in our 2018 Vegas 24.1 was working when we left on our last outing. I turned it off when we got into heavy traffic, now it won't power up when I tried to turn it back on. I tried to reset it, no luck. The main switch by the door is on. The fuse marked audio/video in the back panel is fine and the radio in the bedroom still works. The USB and 12v power port under the radio are not working either. Anyone got any ideas before I take it in for service?

Old 12-27-2018, 06:43 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oregon
THOR #2271
I've had the same issue. There is yet another fuse box in the engine compartment. Check Ed's manual for the location of the fuse that controls the in-dash radio. On my E-350 chassis, it was #70
Old 12-27-2018, 06:47 PM   #3

THOR #12040
Thanks for the reply. I'll check it out. Hope that I find something.
Old 12-27-2018, 07:46 PM   #4

THOR #12040
On my E450 chassis the #70 fuse in the engine compartment fuse box is empty. In the Ford owners manual it shows that for the "stripped chassis". While I was in there I checked the #72 fuse marked "Cigarette lighter/power point". I was good also. Next I found another fuse box down by the brake pedal. It had fuse #39 marked "radio". I was good.
Starting to get over my head on this fix.
Old 12-27-2018, 08:03 PM   #5

Model: Ace 29.3
State: California
THOR #6522
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLFoust View Post
On my E450 chassis the #70 fuse in the engine compartment fuse box is empty. In the Ford owners manual it shows that for the "stripped chassis". While I was in there I checked the #72 fuse marked "Cigarette lighter/power point". I was good also. Next I found another fuse box down by the brake pedal. It had fuse #39 marked "radio". I was good.
Is your use/store switch in the use position?
Old 12-27-2018, 08:06 PM   #6

THOR #12040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich&Cathy View Post
Is your use/store switch in the use position?
Yes, the switch is on. All the other 12v items are working.
Old 12-28-2018, 04:39 PM   #7

THOR #12040
Smile Fuse Found

With help from schematic drawings that Thor emailed to me, I was able to determine that the radio is fed directly from the battery, yellow wire with a 15A inline fuse. I searched around and found a yellow wire with an inline fuse attached to the battery isolation manager (BIM), under the hood. The 15A fuse was bad so I replaced it and the radio has power again. The attached picture shows the BIM with the yellow wire and inline fuse.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BIM.jpg
Views:	1216
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	14787   Click image for larger version

Name:	BIM2.JPG
Views:	624
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	14788  

Old 12-29-2018, 01:34 AM   #8

Model: Windsport. 35M
State: New York
THOR #6199
Nice job. One thing to keep in mind is that many of these radios require two power feeds. One actually runs the radio. The other one keeps the memory settings. They both have to have power for the system to run.
Old 12-29-2018, 02:22 AM   #9

Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
That is great you found that, and thanks for sharing, with pictures too.
Old 12-29-2018, 02:59 PM   #10

THOR #12040
Radio Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn62 View Post
Nice job. One thing to keep in mind is that many of these radios require two power feeds. One actually runs the radio. The other one keeps the memory settings. They both have to have power for the system to run.
After looking at the circuit list again, you are correct that it is the memory circuit that had the blown fuse. Now I want to know why the fuse blew in the first place????
Thanks for the reply!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12V Circuits.JPG
Views:	2499
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	14804  
Old 12-29-2018, 04:31 PM   #11

Model: Windsport. 35M
State: New York
THOR #6199
You are welcome. My radio is The Axxera AV615BHM so I wasn’t sure if it would be the same. When my radio quit it was a bad/loose pin in the wiring harness connector. When I removed the radio, I found many loose/badly crimped butt connectors. I found a hot wire hanging out in open space just waiting to short on something. I just cut it back and taped it. I did not have any blown fuses. My camera feed to the back of the radio is loose again but I am going put a monitor on the dash instead.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:46 AM   #12

Model: Quantum
State: Alabama
THOR #13457
Quote:
I am having the same problem with my Quantam. Can't find fuses that are blown.
Old 01-19-2019, 02:17 PM   #13

Model: Windsport 31S
State: Arizona
THOR #11853
Had a similar problem on mine after not using it for awhile. There is a reset button on the radio which looks like a small hole on the left side of the radio about half way down from the on off button. Using the tip of a ball point pen I pushed it in and that reset the radio functions. Worked for me on my 2018 Thor Windsport. Hope this helps.
Old 01-31-2019, 01:35 PM   #14

Model: 25.2 axis
State: South Carolina
THOR #3992
No power to radio

Was just going through some old questions on the form and came across yours .Just recently had same problem no 12 volt to the dash radio power outage nothing was working. My fuse was in a holder the driver seat front next to the factory fuse box at Ford puts in. Mine had a 35 amp. The video transfer switch was causing it to blow which is directly under the dash in front of the steering wheel. Guess they're all put together a little different.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:34 PM   #15

THOR #6717
Had the same issue on my Quantum. To kill the power to the radio, I pulled both fuses, then put them back and then pushed the reset button and it now works.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:25 PM   #16

State: Alabama
THOR #14401
Hi There, where can I find Ed's manual?

Dee
Old 06-11-2019, 08:56 PM   #17

Model: 25.2 axis
State: South Carolina
THOR #3992
Quote:
The radio (Axxera AVM70) in our 2018 Vegas 24.1 was working when we left on our last outing. I turned it off when we got into heavy traffic, now it won't power up when I tried to turn it back on. I tried to reset it, no luck. The main switch by the door is on. The fuse marked audio/video in the back panel is fine and the radio in the bedroom still works. The USB and 12v power port under the radio are not working either. Anyone got any ideas before I take it in for service?
Driver side front drop your engine access panel look on the right side you'll see a fuse holder separate just kind of hanging there has a 30 amp fuse that works the radio and those 12 volt Outlets. That's where mine was at it was blown.
Old 06-20-2020, 11:11 PM   #18

State: Arizona
THOR #19274
Has anyone run into an issue where the radio, back-up camera, and water pump all seem to quit working? I have a Thor Chateau class C 28z with only 3000 miles and I can't get any of them to work.
Old 06-20-2020, 11:45 PM   #19

THOR #19275
I was told by my dealer that for the radio to work you need the main shut off for the coach to be turned on the radio runs off the coach battery
Old 06-21-2020, 12:21 AM   #20
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL View Post
Has anyone run into an issue where the radio, back-up camera, and water pump all seem to quit working? I have a Thor Chateau class C 28z with only 3000 miles and I can't get any of them to work.
USE/STORE switch has to be in USE )or Battery Disconnect NOT disconnected) AND you house batteries have to be charged up. You better check your fridge - if it's a standard RV absorption fridge it's probably not working either.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote