Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-16-2017, 04:23 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Florida
THOR #6310
Quote:
Originally Posted by schreinertms View Post
You will have to check with the dealer first. Thor does not know which dealers will or will not work on your coach depending on whether or not the dealer has the "you bought it somewhere else" stipulation. Unfortunately, Camping World is the only dealer that does't care where you bought, they will service it, at least attempt to.
Not in our case. We bought our coach in GA but reside in FL. Thor has sent us to two different dealers in FL for warranty work. One is General RV in Tampa, (who has it at the moment) and they told us that they do have a rule where they only service RVs they've sold, but when work is referred to them by Thor, they have to take it.

Old 08-16-2017, 04:27 PM   #22

State: California
THOR #8563
Call Thor directly. Camping world takes for ever. We took our 2017 ACE to camping world for repairs and they said we had to leave our coach there and would take 5 to 7 business days just to take a look at problems. They said they would call us when they checked it to let us know. We ended up going a week later to get something we forgot and they had already checked it and sent everything to Thor to approve. I had called Thor before taking it to camping world and spoke to Stephanie. She told me to call her once CW had checked it out. Took me over a week to get a hold of Thor, she never answered or returned my phone calls. I ended up talking to Ron at Thor and he approved everything that same day. Except for the jack knife couch because it would take too long to get it. We're just gonna get it done at a later time. We called CW back and told our service person that everything should be approved and they still gave the run around of parts taking a long time to ship. Camping world sucks. We shouldn't have to leave our coach there for so long! At least let us use it while they are waiting for parts. Our coach is still is usable condition and has no need to be parked for that long at a CW parking lot. They should just call when they get the parts, no need to keep our coach there and prevent us from enjoying it
Old 08-16-2017, 04:32 PM   #23

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #4486
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradnKaren View Post
Not in our case. We bought our coach in GA but reside in FL. Thor has sent us to two different dealers in FL for warranty work. One is General RV in Tampa, (who has it at the moment) and they told us that they do have a rule where they only service RVs they've sold, but when work is referred to them by Thor, they have to take it.
You are one of the lucky ones. I do not have that option in southeastern PA other than Camping World.
2015 Ford Taurus toad
schreinertms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 06:39 PM   #24

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
THOR #5821
I'm pretty sure Thor knows who will do warrantee work, since they will only authorize warrantee work to the dealers they certify to work on Thor's. There is a licensed RV repair facility, not far from where I live, when I bought the Gemini, I called to see if they could deal with warrantee. They said no, they would be happy to deal with an extended warrantee, or out of warrantee work, but since they were not certified by Thor they could not be reimbursed for any work the did, at least not by Thor.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:02 PM   #25

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #4486
Back in 2015 after I purchased my coach from a dealer in KY, contacted Thor about who in PA will work on my coach under warranty. They referred me to their website to find a PA dealer/service center. Called the few in SE PA and except for CW, none would allow me to bring my coach in for warranty repair since I did not buy the coach from them. For example, Tom Schaeffer RV in Shoemakersville, PA and Zieglers RV in Allentown, PA just to name a few. I wish I was making this up but I am not. Of course, things could have changed since then but I doubt it.
2015 Ford Taurus toad
schreinertms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:52 PM   #26

Model: Axis 25.5
THOR #4802
You can bet the labor rates Thior pays dealers for warranty work is far below what they'd get for non-warranty work. So, unless they're hungry for work, dealers aren't going to tie up their facilities with lower profit jobs.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:36 PM   #27

State: Arizona
THOR #8436
Quote:
Originally Posted by schreinertms View Post
You will have to check with the dealer first. Thor does not know which dealers will or will not work on your coach depending on whether or not the dealer has the "you bought it somewhere else" stipulation. Unfortunately, Camping World is the only dealer that does't care where you bought, they will service it, at least attempt to.

I am dealing with the CW we purchased the unit from! A run around from both sides!
Old 08-16-2017, 10:53 PM   #28

THOR #4802
Follow up on my complaint about 8 days and still no authorization from Thor for warranty repairs: Apparently my email inquiry to Thor Customer Service struck a nerve at my dealer, America Choice. Got a call from their service mgr this afternoon. He said he'd checked on my situation and determined that they had authorization from Thor for some of my needed repairs but not all of them. He said he had no idea why they'd only get partial OK's. He assured me that he'd call Thor first thing in the morning and get it resolved and that he'd call me to let me know what he gets, in the morning. Hopefully, we're on the road to getting our Axis repaired and back.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:27 PM   #29

THOR #4802
Angry

Tomorrow will be day 10, since we took our brand new Axis 25.5 back to our dealer due to the coach batteries being severely over charged and a few more minor issues, none of which required replacement parts, other than fuses. Dealer's tech's found the inverter/charger unit was bad and request replacement under warranty from Thor. As of close of business today, the service manager advised that they STILL didn't have Thor's authorization to order the replacement for the defective inverter/charger. Asked him why, after 9 days, he thought Thor's authorization was taking so long? Said he didn't know but that it sometimes happened. He said he thought they'd get the OK tomorrow. Then it will be 5 or so working days before they get the ordered part. At this point, I don't know who to blame. However, I would caution anyone who is considering a Thor product to really think about it because customer service obviously isn't a priority with Thor Motor Coach. We've yet to be able to use our unit. Only had it at our home for 3 days before taking it back for warranty repair on 8/8/17 and its been there ever since. Had we known Thor didn't give a damn about their customers we would never have bought anything made by Thor. Assuming Thor FINALLY OK's our replacement, we will have been without our new unit for well over 2 weeks. That's ridiculous.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:48 PM   #30

THOR #7494
I feel your pain. Our 2017 vegas spent 54 days in the shop for warranty work.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:58 PM   #31

THOR #4802
Thor gets your money and forgets you Maybe a good case for a class action law suit by some of us.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:42 PM   #32
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldchief View Post
Tomorrow will be day 10, since we took our brand new Axis 25.5 back to our dealer due to the coach batteries being severely over charged and a few more minor issues, none of which required replacement parts, other than fuses. Dealer's tech's found the inverter/charger unit was bad and request replacement under warranty from Thor. As of close of business today, the service manager advised that they STILL didn't have Thor's authorization to order the replacement for the defective inverter/charger. Asked him why, after 9 days, he thought Thor's authorization was taking so long? Said he didn't know but that it sometimes happened. He said he thought they'd get the OK tomorrow. Then it will be 5 or so working days before they get the ordered part. At this point, I don't know who to blame. However, I would caution anyone who is considering a Thor product to really think about it because customer service obviously isn't a priority with Thor Motor Coach. We've yet to be able to use our unit. Only had it at our home for 3 days before taking it back for warranty repair on 8/8/17 and its been there ever since. Had we known Thor didn't give a damn about their customers we would never have bought anything made by Thor. Assuming Thor FINALLY OK's our replacement, we will have been without our new unit for well over 2 weeks. That's ridiculous.
Maybe it's not Thor. Maybe it's American Choice. Have YOU called Thor?
Old 08-18-2017, 12:14 AM   #33

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
THOR #5821
The selling dealer for our Gemini, has had no trouble getting the necessary Thor authorizations, and as I recall the longest it took was something like three or four days. Now getting into the dealer for the work sometimes took longer, because of their backed up schedule, but in their defense, they always communicated with me so I knew how long. Though I would wait for the appointment, they were pretty good at getting the work done in a day or two, once I took it in.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:14 AM   #34

Model: Four Winds 22B
THOR #5326
I love everyone's answer to everything get an attorney file a lawsuit

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:46 AM   #35

Model: Miramar 35.2
State: Louisiana
THOR #6291
Quote:

Have you called Thor yourself? They have always helped me with warranty issues.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:09 AM   #36

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Anyone that's getting the standard "waiting on authorization" or "waiting on parts" from their dealer & haven't called Thor directly you need to do so tomorrow. I'd bet coffee & a donut you will find that they are "waiting" because someone at your dealer has not made the phone call or email to request service, I'm fairly certain the folks at Thor don't have ESP.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 04:53 PM   #37

THOR #4802
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbenny View Post
I love everyone's answer to everything get an attorney file a lawsuit
Sad fact is, lawsuits seem to be the only way to get attention from big corporations, like Thor. They bring suits on themselves by not treating customers fairly, not complying with their warranty obligations and knowingly building faulty products and/or continuing to use faulty products and components in their products, in Thor's case, motor homes.
Old 08-18-2017, 05:38 PM   #38

THOR #5326
Quote:
Sad fact is, lawsuits seem to be the only way to get attention from big corporations, like Thor. They bring suits on themselves by not treating customers fairly, not complying with their warranty obligations and knowingly building faulty products and/or continuing to use faulty products and components in their products, in Thor's case, motor homes.
Have you spoken to Thor directly and gotten a timeline of the communication between them a dealer Thor does have their issues but the dealers are full of BS your service rep gives the info to a clerk who is responsible for getting all the authorizations and follow thru and they just don't give a damn

Four Winds 22B
Windsport 27K
Old 08-18-2017, 05:53 PM   #39

THOR #4802
Follow up on my posts on Thor warranty repair authorization

Spoke with Thor Customer Care this morning. Long story short, they got all the warranty repair auth. requests from my dealer's service dept., EXCEPT the one for the inverter/ charger that was over charging my coach batteries. Guy at Thor CC said he'd call dealership and get it straightened out. Awaiting his call back.
I next sent an email to America Choice RV's corp. HQ about this situation and fact that their service dept. had been lying to me by saying they couldn't get repair authorization from Thor. Got a call from America Choice gen mgr, asking me what the problem was. I told him and he assured me he'd look in to it and get it resolved ASAP. Hoping he does. At least, at this point, I've gotten the attention of the folks at corporate. I told the GM that I got the distinct impression that within their Ocala dealership, it seems the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. He agreed.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:42 PM   #40

THOR #5326
Quote:
Spoke with Thor Customer Care this morning. Long story short, they got all the warranty repair auth. requests from my dealer's service dept., EXCEPT the one for the inverter/ charger that was over charging my coach batteries. Guy at Thor CC said he'd call dealership and get it straightened out. Awaiting his call back.
I next sent an email to America Choice RV's corp. HQ about this situation and fact that their service dept. had been lying to me by saying they couldn't get repair authorization from Thor. Got a call from America Choice gen mgr, asking me what the problem was. I told him and he assured me he'd look in to it and get it resolved ASAP. Hoping he does. At least, at this point, I've gotten the attention of the folks at corporate. I told the GM that I got the distinct impression that within their Ocala dealership, it seems the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. He agreed.
Glad to hear you got the ball rolling hopefully repairs will be done quickly and you can start enjoying your MH

Four Winds 22B
Windsport 27K